What is your exercise celebration today??

Options
lecounth
lecounth Posts: 42 Member
Today I walked my fastest mile - did it on the treadmill in 16:42 with my highest speed at 4.0 mph. Two years ago I could barely walk a 22 minute mile and now I've shaved 5+ minutes off of that!

What is your exercise celebration today?

Happy Friday!!!!!!!

Replies

• piercedee
    piercedee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will finish C25K today!
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I did my 30 Day shred with 8 pound weights instead of 5!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Though I am doing C25K at week 5, my trainer gave me homework to run 10 minutes and walk on the treadmill at incline 15, speed 3.5 for 20 minutes - I did the run at the end of the walk and just thought I would try and see how many minutes I could do and I did all 10 minutes!
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Finished T25 Alpha phase today. Feel great but have a sore leg as I used my last day off to run a 5k equivalent.

Possibly celebrating with sushi tonight. Oh, beloved sushi. :)

Mark
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did my first ever pre-work morning workout today. I usually work out after work, or in the mornings on my day off, but I peeled myself out of bed and got it done early today. I loved it, I think it'll be a habit soon!
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just a few short months ago, I would break out in hives (figuratively speaking, of course) just hearing the word "exercise" :noway:

Had been toying with the idea of attending a yoga class as an outlet to reduce work related stress (and maybe work on them extremely stiff limbs of mine --> BONUS!) and finally put my money where my mouth is in January. Now 3 months into it @ once a week, it's worked wonders on my stress levels (at least on that day) and will be upping my attendance to twice weekly in April.

I'm actually looking forward to it (along with the muscle pain that comes with it) :smile:

Cheers,

Nat
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Small celebration today. After walking a mile (there and back total) to take my cat to the vet, with my 25 lb toddler strapped to my chest, I busted through the demotivational wall and did a 4 mile Leslie Sansone walk ( only holding the baby part of time, and the rest of the time playing "try not to kick the baby at my feet")
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    THIS IS SO FUN!!! I can run on the treadmill at 8 mph.....only for like 10 seconds but, I literally barfed one time after doing 7.0! I am so proud of it! Oh, and I hit my 12 times at the gym for insurance last month for the first time EVER in my life...(I get $20 off per month from insurance when I go 12 times)....and this month I already have 7 days in!!! I am becoming more and more consistent!!!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds.
    However, it is painful when I walk far outdoors .
    Without a cane or 'granny cart' for support,
    because, my lower back begins to ache.
    I don't do standing aerobics, because I can't change weight' on my arthritic knees
    without further damaging them. I receive cortisone shots in both knees.
    So, I began to march or dance in place for 30 minutes,
    using recycled mop handles to help keep my balance, NOT to lean upon,
    except for standing mule kickbacks!.
    The middle 10 minutes, I did 'chair dancing'.
    Hey, it's a start!
    Baby steps.
  • asheserin
    asheserin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The weather in Chicago is FINALLY behaving itself (just for today) so I am looking forward to an evening run outside!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I signed up to continue with 2x week intense work out classes. They are killers but they do get results!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I went for a 35 minute run & dodged the slush! First time ever running & getting my feet wet. The sunshine sure did feel good though!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I did a 13 1/2 minute mile on the TM. Not too bad since I only started 2 weeks ago.
  • Duggie54
    Duggie54 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started exercising and watching what I eat last November. I am not quite half way to my goal weight. When I first started I was only able to walk 1 to 2 miles. I now go from 3 to 6 miles walking in my neighborhood maintaining keeping a 15 minute per mile pace. I usually walk before work but today I RAN 1.5 miles and walked another 1.7 miles. I haven't ran a mile and a half in over eight years. Made my day.
    :happy:
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    moved 600 lbs of sand through 4 feet of snow 30-40 feet to bank it up around the house under the front deck so I would not get any more water into the basement. And I did not die. And I did my 30 minute on the treadmill before I moved the sand (7 am) and again at 4 pm. And I am still not dead. Who would have thunk it.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I walked OUTSIDE for the first time this year! Stupid Michigan winter!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I will be doing circuit training and cardio with my better half this evening for only the second time!!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    that I get out the door and run! LOL
  • clfinn
    clfinn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My exercise celebration is that I didn't skip the gym. I did skip this morning to get some errands done. In the past this would keep me from working out at all. But I went at NOON, got my cardio and weight lifting in. Feels great!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My upper body strength is really coming along. I'm getting much stronger at inverting on the pole! Probably did my best one yet at practice today. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!