Baking ... and not eating the dough!

Options
2»

Replies

• funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    An update ...

I lost the additional 1kg again this morning, so it probably was just sodium weight ...

And I made some peanut butter brownies for my daughter to take to youth group tonight. I put the recipe in MFP and realised I was likely to have a spoonful while making the brownies, and one of the finished product. Logged both of those - total of 300 calories. And that's ALL I ate of the brownies (they were VERY yummy, though!) Even though I was cooking in the kitchen by myself. Looks like I do have self-control ... I just have to want to lose/maintain the weight more than I want the dough.

Having said that, after I come back from my next trip away (starting tomorrow) I am planning on making some cookie dough truffles so I can take photos of them and put them on my website - not even planning to keep them in my calorie limit after 20+ hours on the plane!! But I should be relatively good while I'm away from home - not planning to do much baking at all.

Wish me luck!!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Had a staff meeting today, and didn't even touch the cookies or donuts. Skipped the orange juice, too. At lunch time, I ate fish without the bun, a protein muffin, and an orange. The peppermint patties and peanut butter cups sitting 8 inches from me stayed there. VICTORY! Just by limiting my added sugars to less than 25 grams a day and staying within my calories, I have dropped 17 pounds since January 1st.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i made double chocolate chip cookies a few days ago. i very quickly gave a beater eat to the 2 kids that were here, and the bowl to my hubby. i ate from the spoon i used to spoon out the cookies. i counted it as a cookie when i logged it.

i dread christmas cookies. i make 12 different kinds, all in double batches. takes me 3 or 4 days of baking. so good and yet soo bad.

This is March and you are wasting time worrying about Christmas already? Unbelievable. I can only stay in today and maybe tomorrow morning if it is garbage day. Could not keep all the rest in my head - would drive me crazy. I must be getting old.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but I used to buy the premade cookie dough in a roll and just cut off a slice at a time and eat it. Well, that is one thing that got me here but another poster said if you crave cookie dough like I did, take a banana, slice down thee middle lengthwise and add 1 Tblsp mini chocolate chips and 1/2 T peanut butter... Microwave till chocolate melts.. Awesome, tastes like a fresh cookie.. Try it..
  • funkygas
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but I used to buy the premade cookie dough in a roll and just cut off a slice at a time and eat it. Well, that is one thing that got me here but another poster said if you crave cookie dough like I did, take a banana, slice down thee middle lengthwise and add 1 Tblsp mini chocolate chips and 1/2 T peanut butter... Microwave till chocolate melts.. Awesome, tastes like a fresh cookie.. Try it..

When I was growing up I used to get the premade cookie dough and eat it too! The banana idea sounds good, but bananas and my digestive system don't always get along too well - more often than not, bananas clog me up so I try to avoid them wherever possible. Oh, but if that weren't the case, I'd be having bananas and peanut butter (and chocolate) quite frequently - yum yum!
  • lorim200
    lorim200 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to eating the dough lol. I usually count it as 4 cookies. I eat a lot of the dough when I make chocolate chip cookies. I can't help myself.
    The last time I made them I chewed gum the entire time I was mixing and baking. That helped lots. I made all the cookies and didn't eat any dough at all.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The last time I made them I chewed gum the entire time I was mixing and baking. That helped lots. I made all the cookies and didn't eat any dough at all.

That's what I do...chew gum and give the bowl/ spoon to family to lick. Except when I don't...:blushing:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ugh ...WTG !! I TOTALLY failed baking banana oatmeal cookies yesterday :sad: the cookie dough is just so good, LOL. I did great at Christmas whole baking but something about a cold day and cookie dough with cinnamon in it :love:
  • Ke11er
    Ke11er Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    No help on the cookie dough here...but I do have an idea to share for your abundance of fresh fruit.

A friend of mine has numerous fruit trees, berries etc. When they're each in season she uses some of the harvest to mix up her favorite recipes for pie fillings. She pours the prepared filling into tin pie plates and freezes them (just the filling, no crust). Once frozen, she pops them out like gigantic ice cubes and puts each one in a big Ziploc freezer bag. Label the bag with a sharpie marker and In to the deep freeze they go. They're not fragile and stack easily.

Then, all year long whenever she wants to make a pie she just mixes up dough, rolls it out, and adds one of the fruit pie "cubes" from the freezer. Of course they fit perfectly because they were custom made for her pie tins. In no time she has delicious pie, made with home grown fruit from the height of the season. Delicious!! Great prep to make things quicker and easier for when it's time to host a crowd or celebrate a holiday. So clever!!
  • funkygas
    Options
    No help on the cookie dough here...but I do have an idea to share for your abundance of fresh fruit.

A friend of mine has numerous fruit trees, berries etc. When they're each in season she uses some of the harvest to mix up her favorite recipes for pie fillings. She pours the prepared filling into tin pie plates and freezes them (just the filling, no crust). Once frozen, she pops them out like gigantic ice cubes and puts each one in a big Ziploc freezer bag. Label the bag with a sharpie marker and In to the deep freeze they go. They're not fragile and stack easily.

Then, all year long whenever she wants to make a pie she just mixes up dough, rolls it out, and adds one of the fruit pie "cubes" from the freezer. Of course they fit perfectly because they were custom made for her pie tins. In no time she has delicious pie, made with home grown fruit from the height of the season. Delicious!! Great prep to make things quicker and easier for when it's time to host a crowd or celebrate a holiday. So clever!!

Awesome idea! I'll keep that in mind for the next tree to flower - I think it's the mandarin tree next!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    OP, IDK if this helps you but the CDC says don't eat it, ever.

Here's the article:

http://healthland.time.com/2011/12/09/cdc-says-no-to-eating-raw-cookie-dough/
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done you!! I fail everytime I'm cooking haha!!! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!