Looking for friends!! Can you relate to me?

Options
I'm still getting used to using the forums here and I think it's time I had some friends. I'm 22, a full time student and intern, and I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds. I'm going on a study abroad trip to indonesia and thailand this summer and I'm using that as my motivation!! So everyone feel free to add me and let's share some diaries :)

Replies

• Cheriesaurus
    Cheriesaurus Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi ! :)

I'm 23 and work fulltime. That sounds like a great motivation !! Mine is to Cosplay by mid year. I've lost 14kgs so far but that was over a year ago and now I'm back to lose even more!! (10kg or so) :D

EDIT: Everytime I go to bed I picture how I want to be and it keeps me going lol
  • hgott81
    hgott81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 33 and working and heading on a girls weekend in march. Have at least 3 stone to loose but will be happy with half that by march. Studying also oin my own time and finding it hard not too snack or get time to exercise any motivation greatly appreciated
  • nicole595
    nicole595 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi ! :)

I'm 23 and work fulltime. That sounds like a great motivation !! Mine is to Cosplay by mid year. I've lost 14kgs so far but that was over a year ago and now I'm back to lose even more!! (10kg or so) :D

EDIT: Everytime I go to bed I picture how I want to be and it keeps me going lol

Haha I do the same thing!! Every night I end up keeping myself awake dreaming of how I want to look, and how good it's going to feel, and the exercising and healthy foods I'm going to eat the next day to get there!!
  • nicole595
    Options
    Hey I'm 33 and working and heading on a girls weekend in march. Have at least 3 stone to loose but will be happy with half that by march. Studying also oin my own time and finding it hard not too snack or get time to exercise any motivation greatly appreciated

I've always been confused haha, what's a stone?
    And I try to have a nice healthy snack before I study and then I can usually keep myself from munching the whole time. I usually eat when I'm bored though (which is most of the time I'm doing homework) so sometimes I'll go to the library where I won't be tempted! I don't want to pack up all my books and bags just to go get a snack haha :)
  • raininghoney
    Options
    Hey! I'm 23, and I'm also a full-time graduate student and intern (with a part-time job). It's hard work to keep motivated for weight loss/fitness when you have to hold everything else together too. I also am having some trouble in Boston's winter weather exercising D:

That sounds like a great idea to motivate yourself with a trip. I've done that before successfully (and unsuccessfully too, lol).

My current goal is to lose 13 pounds (150ish to 137). Let's do this together!!
  • allen_ac
    allen_ac Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hellllo, just started using the forums too :)

I'm 22, studying and looking to complete a bunch of internships this year too!

Just looking to get fit and healthy as best as i can

Good luck to you, you'll do great
  • nicole595
    Options
    Hey! I'm 23, and I'm also a full-time graduate student and intern (with a part-time job). It's hard work to keep motivated for weight loss/fitness when you have to hold everything else together too. I also am having some trouble in Boston's winter weather exercising D:

That sounds like a great idea to motivate yourself with a trip. I've done that before successfully (and unsuccessfully too, lol).

My current goal is to lose 13 pounds (150ish to 137). Let's do this together!!

Boston weather, I hear it's freezing there right now! I'm in canada. Forget exercising, sometimes I'm finding it difficult just to get out of bed!! I can't imagine working on top of my current course load.. Full time studied plus I'm at my internship 25 hours a week and exercising plus running my house... I'm lucky my boyfriend works so hard for us! Good for you though!!
  • hgott81
    hgott81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A stone is 14 pounds Uk measurements! Studying at the moment but not easy plus I have tonsillitis so defo not easy !
  • kiekie33
    Options
    Hi i'm 23 and a recent grad. My birthdays in july and I just wonna start off my 24th year feeling and looking great. I'm looking for some friends on here too sending a request now:smile:
  • nicole595
    Options
    Bumping this, because I can never have too many friends!!!
  • MshelleMar
    MshelleMar Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 25 and also looking to lose 30 pounds. Lets do this!!! :D
  • tralala99
    tralala99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm 22 and looking to lose about 20 pounds. I've been using the food log part of this site, but just started looking at the message boards and stuff, so that's why I don't have a real picture yet. Would love some friends in similar situations!
  • cgal25
    cgal25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm 28 and have just started using MFP this week. I would really love some support as my motivation always weakens towards the end of the weekend. I live abroad in Japan and it's been really hard to find and track foods here. Please add me
  • nicole595
    Options
    Bumping again, everyone add me! The more the merrier! I like providing and receiving support and motivation, if you do too then let's be friends! :)
  • Awdwee
    Awdwee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 22, student and working, interning and doing extra-curriculars (gotta build a good CV eh?!)
    Really want to lose 15 or so lbs and finally feel good in a bikini :P
    Looking for friends so that we can cheer each other on :)
  • nicole595
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • Julie7869
    Julie7869 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you have tonsil stones? Because drinking baking soda water really helps. My daughter drinks it every night and never gets them anymore for 15 months. I'm not sure what tonsilitis is but just wanted to help someone.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add!

Full time Nurse, Student, Mom!
  • Chelsea246271
    Options
    Hey everyone. I only joined the site yesterday just trying to get used to the forums. I'm 21 and working full time as a manger in the food production environment. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds for a trip to Poland for a friends wedding in June. The goal is to look and feel good in a dress which would be a major confidence booster! :)

I'm using the website to track progress (even though cant see it myself on my body yet) and for motivation from others who can relate to me.
  • ToniLynnF
    ToniLynnF Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey everyone, Im 23, a wife and mother to a 4 year old boy and also work full time and looking to lose more than 30 pounds. I just started this site yesterday but have already saw how much of a positive impact that it is having on my journey to a healthier me. Please feel free to add me because I would love as much support as possible but Im also a pretty positive person in general and would love to help motivate others as well! Hope to hear from you guys and see some friend requests roll in. We can do this if we stick together!