New to this

Options
Hi everyone,

I am new to MFP, but it's great to see all of the support and good information on here. I am 4'11.5" and weigh 147 lbs. I had some success on the Ideal Protein diet, but I can't seem to stick with it anymore. I want to lose weight, but not be completely miserable doing so. I started using MFP a couple of weeks ago. I am limiting my calorie intake, as well as working out 5 days a week. So far, I seem to have lost a pound. I have always felt like healthy eating and exercise would not work for me, but I never really gave it a fair try. I tend to give up after a few days of not seeing any results. I plan on sticking with it this time and really giving it a try. I never realized how many calories I was eating a day until I started tracking them on MFP. I look forward to being a part of this online community and reading about other people's experiences.

Replies

• JimTs
    JimTs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Don't give up. It may take a while to see results,
    but as long as you eat right and working out, they will come!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Welcome... The link above is a great way to get the basics. And I hear you on the calorie shock once you start logging and measuring... It was a real eye opener.
  • ladym8204
    ladym8204 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I find having friends on mfp is very helpful. Feel free to add me. Good luck in your challenge. You can do it!
  • daveyb989
    daveyb989 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Newbie here - finding the MFP app a great way to lose weight - just trying to lose 1lb a week but managed 3lb this week. I'm 6'0'' and down to 14st 13lb. Swimming most days - just started after a long break away - but finding myself just so hungry after doing 45min-1hr laps. What's a good recovery food that will hit the spot
  • Fluffygalrhi
    Options
    Hey, well i came across this and it looked like a cool place to be, i've started on a weight loss journey with my emotional eater self, and i want to see where it takes me.
  • clairenicole84
    clairenicole84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Good luck to those of you who are new.