Alli? Or other diet supplements?

Options
Has anyone actually had a good experience with weight loss supplements? I stupidly bought some raspberry ketones and have no idea if they're doing anything or not! I do regularly drink green tea however as it's got so many benefits so I like to think I'm getting something good even if it doesn't help with weight loss!

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    They are totally unnecessary to lose weight. If they have been promoted by Dr. Oz - you can bet they're just a gimmick. You may want to google the disgusting side effects of Alli.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Basically, I heard sh-tting your pants is a big problem with those Alli pills. :huh:
  • insomnical
    insomnical Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know someone who knows someone who had to wear a diaper for a month because of how badly Alli messed with her body. That's the nitty gritty of it. Alli makes it EXTREMELY difficult to consume and process fats, so it runs right through you.

When you block fats from being absorbed into the body, you can potentially starve it of nutrients. For some people the Ketogenic diet works, and that diet is super high fat, protein, and low carb, to train your body to not burn off the carbs and instead burn ketones (see second link).... imagine how those two would end up if the same person going keto decides to try Alli??

It really isn't a fun ride, and not worth the money in both paying for the pill and the Depends afterwards. If you're serious about it, I'd recommend talking to a doctor/nutritionist before you do it so you can have less booty-splosion problems.

Also, here's further links on both Alli and Keto:
    http://training.fitness.com/articles-research/dangers-alli-truth-about-new-fda-approved-diet-pill-25965.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm

P.S. keto was just an example and a bit out there, but you get what i mean :P
  • annabellemayh
    annabellemayh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'd done a lot of research into Alli and already concluded that the side effects would outweigh the weight loss for me! I was just interested to see if any one would vouch for it haha!
  • summertime0302
    summertime0302 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'd done a lot of research into Alli and already concluded that the side effects would outweigh the weight loss for me! I was just interested to see if any one would vouch for it haha!

I'm taking them now. They help me keep my fat intake in check
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wasn't there a zombie thread on here about Alli that resurfaced not too long ago?

I think I laughed so hard I pooped.