Mouse in my House! Help...

Options
2»

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'd get some traps and bait them with PB. I had 3 mice about 2 years ago and they were caught that night! My 3 lazy cats did nothing. LOL.

I wouldn't use the glue traps. They are inhumane and nasty! The traps are quick and easy!

+1 and when you catch him just put a plastic shopping bag over the little corpse so you don't have to touch it to throw him out ... or play the helpless woman and get the man next door to come and get rid of it :wink:
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This will not end well. Suggest blowing up the whole house!!!!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Oh No ! I dont think I can get those traps in the UK :(
    Have a look on UK Amazon - there's all sorts including enclosed traps and live traps (in case you want to feed the mouse to your cat or snake later!).
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Get a cat. If that one doesn't do it, keep getting more cats.
  • some_betty
    some_betty Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Where there's one, there are about 100 more hiding....
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This is why I love my cat. :)

I have 3 cats... I think their mere presence is enough to prevent mice in the rest of the house, but we once discovered mice in our attic (where the cats can't go).

We put traps out but never caught anything and the mice seemingly disappeared. My Love decided to vacuum up all the droppings up there and discovered why all the mice vanished. We have a different sort of visitor - a black rat snake. Since he can't get in the rest of the house, we just decided to let him hang out up there. Keeps the mice away.

TLDR? Let a snake roam your house! :wink:

No! Snake is worse than mouse.

Snakes are awesome lol.. Mice suck :P

Definitely like snakes much more than mice!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Clean it?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

I have 3 cats... I think their mere presence is enough to prevent mice in the rest of the house, but we once discovered mice in our attic (where the cats can't go).

We put traps out but never caught anything and the mice seemingly disappeared. My Love decided to vacuum up all the droppings up there and discovered why all the mice vanished. We have a different sort of visitor - a black rat snake. Since he can't get in the rest of the house, we just decided to let him hang out up there. Keeps the mice away.

This is how I feel about spiders. I don't mind a random (nonvenomous) spider in the house, because they keep the rest of the bugs away.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

No! Snake is worse than mouse.

Snakes are awesome lol.. Mice suck :P

Seeing as we also keep a ball python for a pet but would never have mice, I'm happy to let the non-poisonous snake stay warm in my attic in exchange for keeping disease spreading mice away.

BTW, letting a snake roam your house was a joke, in case you didn't catch that.

Maybe I don't get it. You found a snake in your attic and didn't mind? And you just left it? I would die. Is it a pet now?

It's not a pet. It's a snake. It's in the attic. We don't use the attic for anything and apparently mice had decided to use the insulation for a nest. Now there are no mice and I'm not sure if the snake is up there or not but really don't mind either way.

Why would you "die"? Are you frightened of an animal that you're never going to have any contact with? It's a rat snake, they're non-venomous and non-aggressive. What harm could it do me even if I ever did have contact with it?

I agree! Snakes don't really cause damage or spread disease so I'd be fine with a snake over a mouse anyway!
  • linnipopz
    linnipopz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!

I ordered a plug in repeller on Monday and its arrived today so will give that a bash.

Rentokil do the same kind of traps where you dont see them and can just dipose of them. At £10 for 2 I hope they work. lol

Clean it? As in the cupboard. I have bleached the cupboard out several times, my home is not dirty! And as for there will be hundreds more hiding elsewhere I just find it strange I am not finding more droppings elsewhere, there is only ever a small amount of droppings in the cupboard and its only when I have put stuff back in the cupboard. I emptied it last night and this morning there is nothing there at all. Was the same for the week I kept the cupboard empty. I think the cupboard will no longer be used! :)

Seems I may have to get over my fear and try and get some traps. As my mother keeps telling me its better to see a dead mouse than a live one running about the kitchen!
  • linnipopz
    linnipopz Posts: 20 Member
    Options

a SNAKE!??? That is defo a Move out situation lol. I wouldnt be able to sleep knowing it might slither down.

I need to think of it as I see spiders webs but not the spiders lol. I see mice droppings but no mice.

I know mice live in and around the place just wish they would stay out my home. They wont get any food under the sink so they are wasting their time :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Poor little mouse only wants noms .-.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Move out.

I HATE mice. Gross.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Poor little mouse also wants nice warm, draught free living space....
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Poor little mouse also wants nice warm, draught free living space....
    Yes, and thus are reasons they are sold as pets in pet stores.