Ran the furthest I ever have today!

Options
So I'm training to do a 10k in June and today I ran 7.5k in about 46 minutes. I am so chuffed!

As someone who's still quite overweight and could hardly run 5 minutes without feeling like their lungs were about to explode only earlier this year I am continuously amazed by how quickly the human body can change :D

I just wanted to share this with you wonderful MFP guys and marvel at how quickly the running bug takes hold. Already dreaming of running a half marathon haha!

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So I'm training to do a 10k in June and today I ran 7.5k in about 46 minutes. I am so chuffed!

As someone who's still quite overweight and could hardly run 5 minutes without feeling like their lungs were about to explode only earlier this year I am continuously amazed by how quickly the human body can change :D

I just wanted to share this with you wonderful MFP guys and marvel at how quickly the running bug takes hold. Already dreaming of running a half marathon haha!

good girl, running is as much mental as anything else, by June if you keep it up you will do 10k no problem, aim for the half marathon then the full, you will reach a point soon when you get into your natural stride and pace when you fell you can increase distance by large amounts
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Great job and love to hear that you're chuffed!
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    awesome & inspiring !!!
  • healthyme_2013
    Options
    great stuff!!
  • RunnerDude2013
    RunnerDude2013 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job and you'll be running that half before you know it!
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!

If my training continues to go as well as it has so far I will definitely be looking to run a half marathon late this year/early next year.

I've gone through so many years of my life thinking I hated running when really what I hated was not feeling ABLE to run.

I'm currently devouring all the information I can get my hands on about running and training :D Printed off and pinned to my wall are training plans, lists of post-run stretches, dates of races etc and I've been researching running gear (my Primark workout clothes are good but I love having treats to aim for) I can invest in.

I am just loving it. Thanks for the continued support and kind words x
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've just gotten back into jogging and was psyched this week to run for 27 minutes straight on the treadmill at a 12minute mile pace...not once, but twice:smile: hope to work up to a 5k by summertime!
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I always say, run with your heart, not your mind. Once that little voice in your head turns off, it's just you and the open road :)
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've just gotten back into jogging and was psyched this week to run for 27 minutes straight on the treadmill at a 12minute mile pace...not once, but twice:smile: hope to work up to a 5k by summertime!

Go you!!! That's fabulous work.

Doesn't it feel great when you hop off and you're all sweaty but you are just SO proud?! I walk around the gym in a grinning daydream after I've been jogging. Does some crazy things to my endorphins :)
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That's a great time! Congratulations honey!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Terrific job!