Beachbody dvds overpriced for what they are?

Options
Not for a second saying it doesn't work , but does anyone really need to spend £100 on a DVD to get fit? I cant for the life of me understand why anyone would spend that amount of money on a fitness dvd set. Its so overpriced , ive seen insanity and its so so over priced for what it is.

:/

Probably going to get shot down now lol

Replies

• Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    A lot of fitness DvDs are expensive.
    What you're really buying is a work out plan.
    You could also just pay for a few sessions with a personal trainer and make one yourself.
    Or comprise a free one from the internet.
    The DvD is convenient, though.

Edited for 3rd grade typing.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah I agree...esp since you can get free workouts on fitnessblender.com
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Yah I agree...esp since you can get free workouts on fitnessblender.com

^^^ Exactly - The Web has changed a lot of things
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If you act now, you can get a DVD and a set of plastic tubs to put your food in!
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Alot of people need structure to be successful at losing weight, and exercising. Also, some people work out harder, and are more consistent, when they are following a program, then on their own. Yes, they might be expensive, but for some peole, well worth it.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Everything sold via MLM is overpriced.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks to the magic of the internet, most of them are available for free online. Yes, they are expensive to purchase, but most people who are going to spend that kind of money on a fitness program are doing it as an investment, knowing that the number of times they will use it will exceed the cost vs spending on a gym membership. Yes, you can make up your own routine using sites like fitnessblender, but there are lots of people who like to follow a set plan laid out for them. The preplanned schedules are also good for people who have a tendency to avoid exercises they don't like and who wouldn't necessarily include some of the exercises in their routine if they made it themselves.
  • mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I heard about Insanity and wanted to try it out. Found out the price and resorted to the internet instead (yes, piracy). I downloaded all of the workouts.

Now, I can say that Insanity has given me (as advertised) "the best body I could get". I'm grateful with the results and all... There is no denying the results.

But still, TOO EXPENSIVE.