what do you 1200 cal diet guys eat

Options
looking for ideas :smokin: only food dont be nasty:blushing:

Replies

• ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I love smoothies, and when I'm really into eating healthy I have at least one a day. I usually eat eggs in some form for my protein, or yogurt. For me, the trick is finding things to eat when I want sweets, so I keep fruit in m freezer (strawberries, bananas, and honeydew are my favorite) and blend them into a sorbet for dessert, it's super sweet and yummy, and completely healthy. As a poor college student, I dont have a lot of meat in m diet and I generally tr to shy away from some simple carbs, like bread and pasta, because so little food takes up a ton of my daily calories!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes are yummy, high fiber so very filling and nutritious.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    snails
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    lots of eggs, grilled chicken salads, green smoothies, peanut butter, mozzarella cheese, turkey and spinach burgers with feta cheese, eggplant pizzas, stuff like that :)
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My Favorite thus far is Greek yogurt and peaches with 2 sausage links...
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to about 200-300 for each breakfast and lunch. Then I almost always have dinner out! I can always find a restaurant with something delicious and filling for 600-800 calories. I have some delicious restaurant meals for less than 400 calories. It just takes planning. Tonight I had a 6 oz. steak, mashed potatoes, a few crispy onion rings, a salad (ask for the lettuce only), and dressing on the side (I just dip the tines of my fork in the dressing. I use less than 1/2 of the 2 tbl. container.) I turned down the offer of rolls and free pie. All that was only about 740 calories. Some people eat small meals all day. Although that is better for you, I feel like I'm always starving and I want to binge. I do better with just 3 meals a day..
  • hawthornerose
    Options
    Today I had a two egg omelet for breakfast, an open faced turkey sandwich and an orange for lunch, and 4 oz of tuna with spinach salad and pineapple for diner. That put me under 1000 calories for the day, so you could add in a snack or up the potion sizes. Yogurt and fruit are also good. Eggs and low sugar cereals work for breakfast.
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lots of eggs, grilled chicken salads, green smoothies, peanut butter, mozzarella cheese, turkey and spinach burgers with feta cheese, eggplant pizzas, stuff like that :)

^^^^^exactly this! I also love fish, shrimp (grilled) and mixed veggies
    some days I will do a protein shake for breakfast(245 cals), quest bar snack(180 cals), protein shake for lunch(245 cals), then a 600ish calorie dinner
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is almost always Chai Tea Oatmeal (1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup Chai Tea concentrate and 1/2 cup almond milk). It wakes me up and fills me up til lunch. 260 calories.
    Lunch is almost always a Chicken Quesadilla (1 Tortilla shell, 2 ounces chicken breast, 1 ounce sharp cheddar grilled on my george foreman grill). 360 Calories.
    Dinner is almost always either chicken or fish with a side of veggies, rice or a salad. Roughly 350 calories.
    I ALWAYS have to have an evening snack. Sometimes I make a fruit and spinach smoothie, sometimes I have a yogurt with fruit and sometimes I eat a 3 Musketeers bar. But my snack is usually right around 250 calories.
    My system works for me because I don't need variety. I'm content eating the same things repeatedly. Hopefully here are a few ideas you might enjoy!
  • luadams2
    luadams2 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have played with MyFitnessPal for a couple of years, but only just started seriously trying to lose weight so I hesitate to post because I don't know if I can do this! I am trying very hard though. I have lost four pounds in two weeks.

I find I must have a substantial breakfast and am not hungry for lunch. Dinner is substantial but I eat before 6:30 PM as a rule and do not eat afterwards. I think exercise is vitally important, calorie cutting isn't enough for me. I have tried. So I am sticking to 6 days a week exercise with one day off.

Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal with a sliced banana or some dried fruit like cherries, 1 tsp. brown sugar and a dribble of lowfat milk
    OR 1/2 Noah's bagel with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and two scrambled eggs
    I always make myself a wannabe homemade latte: 1 cup of frothed lowfat milk with enough strong coffee to fill a large mug - a lot less calories than Starbucks!

Lunch: 1 container of excellent yogurt - Chobani and Brown Cow are my faves

Dinner: Huge salad - 3 cups. Any kind of veggies I want plus beans like garbanzos or kidneys, and 1/2 cup or so of avocado chunks. Grilled chicken breast or fish - not a huge portion - but I make sure I am full. I do not eat rice, bread or potatoes at dinner. I allow myself steamed, roasted or grilled veggies with my dinner if I have them and want them.

If I get a sweet tooth craving, I allow myself only 7 semi-sweet chocolate chips. hah! it seems to do it for me. I can only do this once or twice a day, no more.

If I get a salty snack craving, I have 10-15 almonds. I roast whole raw almonds at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and snack on them. I may only do this once a day, no more.

I am allowed up to two glasses of wine about 4 times a week.

Exercise consists of: a 3 mile brisk walk with my dog and 1 hour yoga OR a serious session on the elliptical cycle at the gym and some weights; OR a 10 mile bicycle ride. Burn anywhere from 400-500 calories.

I gained 25 lbs. after my hysterectomy. I miss my skinny clothes! I vow I will be in them before June! 21 lbs. to go....

Yes we CAN!!
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise so I have more calories to play with, first of all. I've been trying to substitute vegetables for pasta whenever I can, since that is a vice of mine and doesn't really add a whole lot of nutrition. I eat a lot of yogurt, eggs, and chicken. Mostly portion control does the job.