What type of music do you workout with?

Options
:bigsmile: We all enjoy different music genres but is there a perfect genre to listen to while working out? I personally like fast paced with hard bass like Hardhouse for example. When doing strengthening workouts I prefer trance like something Deadmau5 or Above and Beyond would play. So the question is," What music pumps your workout routine up?" Let us know! We might try out new things to elevate our heart rate or perhaps make our workouts more enjoyable.

P.S.
Add me!

Replies

• Jenjenthejetplane1
    Jenjenthejetplane1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For cardio I enjoy Pop type of music but when I'm doing my heavy lifting listening to Hard Rock or Metal stuff like that, just pumps me up to lift more iron :D hahah
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    For running/cardio I like upbeat pop and rap type stuff, think Lil Jon, Pitbull and Ke$ha. I like metal or harder rap from lifting, I think the more "angry" music gets me going to lift, and the fun beats keep me motivated for cardio.
  • Anuwe28
    Anuwe28 Posts: 19
    Options
    Lol I never thought of the impact that genre would play when I do my weights! I have to try it. Would Korn pump me up like you? lol
  • Anuwe28
    Anuwe28 Posts: 19
    Options
    lol @ "angry music" I've never worked out to rap before, either...hmm I have to try it soon.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I flux back and forth

heavy metal (apparently some of my stuff is nu-metal- didn't even know that was a thing) whatever- angry baby eating music.

complete pop/altertative/fun/dancey type stuff.

I have realized when i'm lifting- I can't even here my music- I'm totally focused on the lift- I've specifically picked music to do lifts with- and ultimately- I don't hear it- I've found music is for my resting really.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Video game fight music is actually really good for getting me pumped. Though it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Mostly metal (not the nu-metal/hardcore or "soft" Metallica crap) for weight lifting.. for my runs, anything from Backstreet Boys to Basement Jaxx
  • chunkybun
    chunkybun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Pure, unadulterated heavier than King Kong's balls metal.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Pure, unadulterated heavier than King Kong's balls metal.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I have all kinds of things on my MP3 player for when I lift - Dream Theater, t.A.T.u., Judas Priest, Lady Gaga, Thin Lizzy, and much more. When I lift, I tend to tune out the music, though. I'm focused. The music is mostly for my rest periods.

For a couple of months, I kept track of what I was listening to on my blog.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that is on the rare occasion I get to the gym to lift. At home I throw on some Netflix.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    ...is there a perfect genre to listen to while working out?

I'd say no...

for me, it completely depends on what I'm doing and what mood I'm in. I don't like my ear buds in at all when I'm lifting...and I listen to all manner of things and sometimes nothing at all on my bike...just depends.
  • flabbybunker
    flabbybunker Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anime, Classical, Video Game Theme songs, some Hip Hop, some R&B, actually a variet of music :)
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    During my long runs I love listening to classical music; meditation music when I do my weight machines; rock music during short runs & races....i'm old, that's why I guess.
  • gonefishin1282
    gonefishin1282 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    whatever Pandora has in mind on the "running" or "high energy" genre
  • harveygirlkc
    harveygirlkc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rock and metal with a strong beat to keep me running. For swimming, I like to slow it down a bit, but still upbeat pop music to keep me motivated.
  • Kimistry_
    Kimistry_ Posts: 91
    Options
    For me, it's rock all the way. Or songs that just piss me off and make me feel mean. haha
  • Miz3O5
    Miz3O5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Fitradio free mix on iphone
  • eldeezo
    eldeezo Posts: 19
    Options
    Drum n Bass
    Funky House
    Breaks
    Techno
    Dubstep

I listen to dj mixes the entire time, not individual tracks.