Need Some Advice Please

Options
so today my brother told me i look too skinny now, that i look frail, and my arms look too skinny. but i can finally do push ups, i can hold myself in a yoga crow pose. I do a fair amount of cardio mixed with body weight exercise and weights, not super heavy but 8-25lbs depending on which muscle group it is. I work out 45-60mins 7 days a week.

If it were anyone else saying that other that him i would blow them off. but he is really about fitness as well and i trust him to be honest with me. he helped push me when i first started out to loose weight. his friend also agreed that i was looking a little "Ethiopian" i still want loose fat in some places and i know I cant spot reduced so im not sure what direction to go in. they suggested i do less cardio up my calories and continue my strength training. I dont think I look too skinny but maybe i dont see myself the same way as the rest of the world. Also I average about 1700 calories a day.

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    it is hard to know without seeing a pic and or know height and weight, sorry
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    im 5'8 and weigh about 143 sorry dont have any current pics
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    If he knows what he's talking about then why not follow his advice?
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Just glancing through your pics I can see where he would get it but keep in mind he also saw you before and may have that image in mind. What matters most is how you feel about it. If you trust his opinion go with his idea, switch to a mostly weight training regimen of 4-5 days strength and 2-3 days cardio... (or add a rest day bc your muscles will need it) - This will help you tone and probably still burn fat in those trouble areas. Upping calories will help you build muscle as well and is necessary to prevent from muscle loss.
  • ashleysarvi
    Options
    thank you :smile: