contraceptive pill weight loss

Options
Hiya
so for 4 years ive been trying to lose weight and its not happening,
ive had tests for my thyroid but there fine. the only other thing is my contraceptive pill can this stop your weight loss
i started on the pill when i was 13 due to heavy periods and thats when i started to gain weight.

and now im really struggling to lose this weight ive been between 200-210 for 4 years.

anyone have any advice on the pill would be great x

Replies

• LeighTaylor97
    LeighTaylor97 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    First, I have no idea. But I did have this thought a few times throughout the years. Turns out, I just needed something to blame other than my own habits.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I started taking birth control around 13 and have been on it for more than a decade now. While I have had issues with my weight since I was about 17 or so, I've recognized that the weight gain had to do with lack of self control, emotional eating, etc. If your doctors are saying all of your hormone levels look good, it's probably not the pill, you just need to put a more concentrated effort into losing weight.

Logging back into MFP is a good starting point :) Looks like the last time you tried it was 2013 & you made this account in 2009... Why not use MFP to count calories and see where that gets you?
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes the pill can assist in weight gain, I gained 3st when I first went on it four years ago, but it wasn't the only factor in my weight gain, I was also too old for a sport I used to do but still eating like I did.

Honestly it's just an excuse. Weightloss is slow and draining and very easy to give up. Unless you are religiously counting your calories and not losing anything I don't believe it's anything more than your not putting your all in.