Yo-yoers!

Options
Hello everyone! I'm back to MFP after a two year hiatus.

I found that when I was using it before I went from 165 to 145 pounds and thought I didn't need it anymore...suffice it to say, I was wrong. I am now at my highest weight of 187. Looking forward to trying again.

Any other people who have slipped back? I welcome anyone who wants to add me and follow my journey. I will motivate you, if you motivate me!

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've been losing the same 10 or 15 lbs the past couple years. I made great progress last summer until life got scary and ice cream made things familiar. Luckily, I've managed not to revisit my highest weight, but the gains are still so disappointing. Now that I'm taking charge again, I'm surrounding myself with positive people and making things better. I track pretty consistently if you want to add me.
  • dcable90
    dcable90 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi every one! Ive used MFP in the past, and had success loosing 5 or 10 lbs. I usually stay flex between 5lbs but ive completely fellen off the wagon, and gained almost 25lbs. I no longer feel confident in my skin. So ive come back to gain the support I need. Feel free to add me, I plan on being a frequent user
  • flikster76
    flikster76 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I lose and find the same 10kg over and over, frustrates me!! No excuses, it's all my own fault. I get lazy and I eat too much and all the wrong stuff. Currently on my first 'serious' week back on it! Add me if you'd like an extra friend
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've been yo-yoing for the past 3 years. It always starts when it's time to go on vacation. I drop 10-12 lbs., and within a month its all back. I am so goal driven. I can make anything work long enough to reach my goal. That has me working on re-evaluating my goals. Instead of looking good on the beach, I need to get serious about being healthy all the time. It's hard, but I'm honestly working through the process.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've been a yo-yoer (and binger) for 10 years and it stops this time. I need to create a new lifestyle that does not include dropping it like its hot and then putting on even more weight. I've been tracking for over 50 days and now its just part of my day. It definitely helps me stay on track and I even enjoy and look forward to exercising.
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    *raises hand*

Went from 195lbs to 168lbs in 2012 thanks to this site. Left because, well, I could do it on my own. Up to 186lbs, restarted everything on this site looking to lose again. I've been a yo-yoer since high school and I want to break the cycle somehow.

I'll add you. You can do this, we all can do this :D
  • DrLaura18
    Options
    I'm definitely in the same boat...highest weight was 192 about 4 years ago. Lost 20 lbs before my wedding in 2010. Then started medical school and bounced back up to 180's. 2 years ago I really kicked it into gear and got down to 145. It's been slowly creeping back since then, but this past fall/winter was interview season for residency programs, and with all the travel, inconsistent exercise, and lunches/dinners hosted by each program, I really feel I've gotten off track. I weighed myself this morning for the first time in a long time and was shocked to see 184 (I should be getting my period tomorrow so I know this is a little bloat, but still)...I feel so defeated after how far I had come in the past. I felt SO good and comfortable at 145-150 range. Now my clothes don't fit (and I refuse to buy bigger), I hate looking at pictures of myself, and I just feel plain uncomfortable. Feeling quite down and like I have a long way to go (again!). Im graduating medical school in 2 months and moving to a brand new place with new people in 3...i would love to have made good progress and have a confidence boost by then. I've used MFP off and on for a few years but never visited the forums...I'm hoping this will be a positive change. Looking for friends/motivation! Straight to the gym after work today!
  • skyknewlife
    skyknewlife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for almost three years now. Every August we go on vacation & I loose the drive to keep up with MFP then the months/holidays come & before I know it I am up 25lbs the first winter almost 20lbs last winter. Every Jan/Feb I start over& my weight bounces up/down slowly going down over the months to August again where it starts all over. I have yet to even get close to my goal weight & only made it to Onderland for a few days last summer. So the first of March I took measurements and decided that was it! I never did like yo-yos and I am going to stop playing this game. I have decided in the last week that I also need to start taking pics along with the measurements on the 1st of every month. If any of you are like I am, I avoid the camera at all costs. My kids are grown & I have very few pics with them.... a big regret! I need to see what I look like so that if I don't like it I do something about it. Please add me if you would like to work together as support and break this cycle for both of us!
  • clairebeth8
    clairebeth8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just recently joined MFP because I have been yo-yoing like crazy. A few years ago, I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now, and I lost it successfully and kept most of it off. However, I've recently been going through a lot of life changes: getting married later this year, moving to a new city, searching for a job. And falling back into my normal habits of eating for comfort and stress relief. I'm about 10-15 pounds heavier than I would like to be. I hope to keep tracking my food and exercise, but I need motivation. If anyone wants to add me, I can definitely use the positive energy.
    Thanks!
    -Claire
  • mgpearce4
    mgpearce4 Posts: 71
    Options
    So glad to have the response from you all! A mantra I have been going with lately is "a bad workout is better than no workout"...keep it up, everyone! Summer is three months away :)
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    Great mantra! (casually steals it)
  • JackiLean
    JackiLean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I yo-yo.

When I first started MFP, I went from 186 to 162 in half a year. I was feeling AMAZING. My plan was to get all the way to 150.

Then I got hit by a car, stopped working out because my back was always sore and I kept having to go to the Chiropractor all the time. Slowly, the weight started sneaking its way back around my waist.

Then during Christmas, after leaving my beautiful island, I returned to Chicago where I gorged on my comfort foods like Italian beef, deep dish, and my abuelita's tamales.

When I got home, I was back up to 184.

So here I am, floundering around 180, trying to get back to AT LEAST 165 by my wedding this August.