Back Injury? Need to restart exercise HELP

Options
HI There,

I was doing JM body revolution I got to week seven and then I tweaked my back so I had to take a week off then the day I thought I was getting ready to start again I again hurt my back this time at work so long story short I had to take some more time off working out cuz i could barely move never mind work out. Im at the point now that I would like to start getting back into mt workouts but Im not sure what I should start with? Should I do yoga for a while or jump back into JM body revolution or even restart it or should I just run for a while? Any helpful ideas out there???

Replies

• jos3php
    jos3php Posts: 38
    Options
    I am not a sales rep, in fact, I do not even do this particular workout. However, I do know it works. I do P90X Yoga which if you have an injury will not be suitable for you. So, here is a good one to do if you have a back injury... Google DDP Yoga. It is an incredible workout for people who have an injury and specifically a back injury. I could continue to tell you but they do not pay me to sell crap, I just know it works, you can youtube it and it is extremely cheap compared to other workout programs. Anyways. There you go.
  • Lo0n3y
    Lo0n3y Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    HI There,

I was doing JM body revolution I got to week seven and then I tweaked my back so I had to take a week off then the day I thought I was getting ready to start again I again hurt my back this time at work so long story short I had to take some more time off working out cuz i could barely move never mind work out. Im at the point now that I would like to start getting back into mt workouts but Im not sure what I should start with? Should I do yoga for a while or jump back into JM body revolution or even restart it or should I just run for a while? Any helpful ideas out there???

Hi

I was in a pretty nasty car accident 16weeks yesterday and I've muscle damage in the left side, shoulder the to lower back and the nerves at the bottom going into the left bottom. Im seeing a physio and she said about stretching the joints to get movement before I start a back course, she suggested swimming its good for back injuries do it at ur pace, i said about yoga, Pilates, body balance classes and she said it could work, I started my 1st yoga class on Tuesday and it was amazing I felt I could run a mile, went on wed and the bend I had was great, did Pilates last night it was tuff, Pilates is targeting the core and yoga aimed for the back.
    I said to the trainers what happened ie accident and they gave me good exercises targeted to help the joints I've damaged.
    I do cardio 2 days it started 10 mins on treadmill (walking) cross trainer and bike then moved to 15 mins it's just gentle exercise so the joints can recover. If ur going to give yoga or Pilates a go say to the instructor as they gave u an easier opinion than the harder one, if I could give u any advise it would be start slow/easy and let the back recover then add a little more and before u know it ul be back training the way u where soon enough
    :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    In - for the responses - similar situ with my back.

OP - hope it feels better now.
  • karicassidy
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advise at least now I have an idea where to start