What the F is going on!!?!?

13»

Replies

• MarucaSoledad
    MarucaSoledad Posts: 11 Member
    Feeling bloated may also have to do with the type of fiber you are using. I know some people have problems with psyllium, so they have to use something else. Also, if any of your food items have sugar substitutes, they might also contribute to the situation. Hope it all works out soon and the numbers start dropping!
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    It would help if your diary was public. That way the helpful people can make helpful suggestions and the snarky people can have more to be snarky about.

^^ this
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Well holy crap.

*quickly goes to adjust exercise calories*

Exactly!! Lol thank goodness I've only been eating back half or less than half of my excercise cals!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Do you consume oil? Just a little bit will prevent you from making progress.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    I don't really know how to calculate burns for walking, but according to this:
    http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx

At 200 lbs, walking 3.5 miles in 60 minutes is just over 400 calories.

That includes BMR calories, i.e., it double counts.

The correct answer for those parameters is 210 calories. i.e. - cut the number in half.

Correct to a point, but I don't think too many people have a 4800 cal/day BMR. BMR in the 70-100 cal/hr range is a bit more reasonable.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member

Only if you're not logging it. If you log it, you've already taken it into account.
  • Maybe she eats 1200 on the days she doesn't exercise?!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    I need to clarify a few things....

I have been working out for years.... Gained weight in college because of boredom. I started at 205#, lost 60 pounds, had three babies and am trying to lose that last 20#.

I work my @$$ off each work by doing Insanity, weight lifting, Bob Harper's Inside Out Method and I use a HRM that I researched and seemed pretty accurate so I am happy with my results. According to MFP I should have burned more than what my HRM says so I just stick to my HRM.

I basically look like I got out of a pool after each workout and I love it! :)

I am thinking possibly a scale then to measure food, but let's also be honest, it's a lifestyle change. I am not going to count and eat only 15 carrots every day. If I want 30 carrots then I will eat 30 carrots. If I want M&M's I will eat ONE small pack of M&M's. I deprived myself before and it only leads to binging, gaining weight and depression. So I stopped doing that crap and I have lost the weight very SLOWLY but I haven't been over 160 in over a month and I haven't been under 155, I go up and down.

Please know I appreciate your input, and I will consider it all :) thanks!!!!

I like your approach to food, but use the food scale so you really know how much you are eating. It will help you make the adjustments you need to make. That and plenty of patience and you'll get there.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member

Only if you're not logging it. If you log it, you've already taken it into account.
    Doesn't matter if you "take it into account", if you put it in your body, you are adding calories with no satiation. You are skewing your daily macro ratio to be too heavy on fats by adding just a little oil. It's pure fat, and nothing else. If you are trying to lose weight, eliminate it entirely from your diet.
  • /thread
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member

Doesn't matter if you "take it into account", if you put it in your body, you are adding calories with no satiation. You are skewing your daily macro ratio to be too heavy on fats by adding just a little oil. It's pure fat, and nothing else. If you are trying to lose weight, eliminate it entirely from your diet.

so much NO :angry:

Your brain and your body NEED fat, on every level.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member

You do not need to eliminate oil from your diet to lose weight. :mad:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member

You realize that Fat is one of the three essential macros your body needs, carbs/protein/FAT. Fat doesn't make you fat, eating too much of anything makes you fat. Your brain needs fat to operate.
  • I don't understand why if you can eat up to 1800 calories you sometimes only eat 1200.
    If you eat 1200 calories and burn 500, you are netting 700 calories a day which isn't smart.
    I also seriously doubt you burn AT LEAST 500 calories every day from a work out alone.

honey I said about 5 days a week and yes I do. HRM and I bust my *kitten* each workout for about an hour or more.

You can easily burn 500+ on a workout of 90mins i do four times a week and i wear a HRM, keep up the good work