Taking the plunge

Options
Decided yesterday to jump in completely, fill out my profile info and add a photo. I really didn't want to add a photo of myself. My profile photo is the most recent picture I have of myself, and I hate it! I can't believe I look that way, I am disgusted and embarrassed every time I see it. I didn't want to add a profile photo of me because I was embarrassed of how I look. But the reality is that is how I look day in and day out (although much more casual usually LOL). I feel if I'm going to be successful I have to be honest with myself and others at MFP. So I did it I took the full plunge... profile info and a picture of how I REALLY look right now.

Jumped in 100% - I'm off and running now.

Replies

• MsMelonBell
    MsMelonBell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome! i totally did the same. I was really casual about MFP originally...thinking i didn't need to fill it out or have friends or support, have a picture...etc. Then of course within a few days i was back to old habits and eating literally full giant bags of Doritos chips (they are so good!). I filled out my profile and feel more serious about this.

I hope your travels are well!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    awesome. good luck with your goals. it's not easy but it sure is worth it. everyday is a struggle for me so don't lose hope or lose sight of your goals. I'm sure you will do great.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first steps on the journey to being healthier. Now you need to keep progressing along the path. Be aware that there will be experiences that will not be what you expected and some things will cause bumps in the path that may make you stumble. You just have to get back up and back on track. Every day you will be faced with choices and you will make the best possible choices you can.

One thing this site does beyond keeping track of your calories and exercise is to provide a wonderfully supportive and encouraging environment. Build a group of friends who will cheer you on and kick you in the butt when you need it.

Fantastic job on taking on this change in your lifestyle. Good Luck!!!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your commitment! BTW you look great in that photo - we are always our own worst critics :flowerforyou:
  • divamuffinmom
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Your support and kind words mean a lot to me!