Milk, Almond milk, or Coconut milk? What do you prefer?

Options

Replies

• CaHusker
    CaHusker Posts: 21
    Options
    I like the unsweetened almond milk. Silk brand mostly. Use it for my protein powder drink and mix in a half cup into my Powergulp smoothie
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Almond Milk for a sweet tooth fix.

Original Coconut Milk for cereal. It adds sweetness to it, and has fewer calories than dairy milk.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Of what you listed, I prefer Almond Milk. I normally use Vanilla Soy Milk and Chocolate Silk for a treat.
  • Accountess
    Accountess Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love coconut milk unsweetened. My treat is coconut milk latte with pumpkin spice zero calorie sweetner (sweetened with splenda).
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    http://ohsheglows.com/2013/01/24/my-favourite-homemade-almond-milk-step-by-step-photos/
    This is pretty good. I dont follow the exact technique shown here but its a good point of reference to start making your own. I put about a tbsp. of coconut oil in the batches I make.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just use regular milk 1%...the only thing I really use it for is 1/2 cup in my recovery smoothies and a splash in my coffee. I think soy milk tastes like **** and I'm not a fan of almond milk at all. Coconut milk is pretty good but I have no reason to not just drink regular milk and incur the additional expense of getting coconut milk.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Almond Milk with organic blueberry cereal - heavenly. It was cure for any craving and any mood.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Almond all the way. Hazelnut and hemp are ok, too, but almond is sold everywhere.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Silk Soy Milk tastes amazing, I like it better than "real" milk, but it makes me bloat like crazy. :(
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I like skimmed cow milk and I like hazelnut milk. Chocolate flavoured oat milk is yummy (although it is distinctly different from chocolate milk). I can tolerate almond milk but find it fairly uninteresting.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I use 2% Altadena milk in my cold cereal or oatmeal; but I only have these things for breakfast once or twice a week. I don't like the taste of soy, rice, almond or coconut milk, and I make my smoothies/protein drinks with OceanSpray Diet Cranberry juice. I drink my coffee black with one Splenda.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    ALMOND FOR ME. I REALLY LOVE IT..
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I just started using almond milk within the last week. My stepdaughter and her mom use it at home and she requested it here. She and her dad are lactose intolerant so it seems like a good option from milk, and I like that its low calorie as well.

What does everyone here use? Is coconut milk better, worse, or the same as almond milk?

I will say this for unsweetened almond milk, its yuck and the sweet is too sweet. lol I have to cut 1/4 of the sweet version with the unsweet to make it work for me and taste good in my morning cereal.

I use whole milk, 2% milk, coconut milk and almond milk depending on what I'm making.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk, chocolate and vanilla unsweetened mixed with my plain whey protein. It's like drinking chocolate milk without the gross dairy milk taste (I hate cow's milk). Even with the whey in it I don't have that milky taste.

Coconut milk is good too. I mix it with chia and mango, let it sit overnight and eat it as a dessert. :)
  • pavenewpaths
    Options
    I didn't like Almond Milk when I first started using it, but after awhile I started to really love it and now I can't drink any other milk. Also, you should try the flavored versions.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk but I have found hazelnut milk now and like that better. Mmmm delicious.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I only have unsweetened almond milk in my cereal now and love it!...coconut milk to make my chia pudding...lovely!! :)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I drink milk. Usually it''s 2% but occasionally whole milk.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Never tried almond milk. I've had coconut milk a few times, cooked with it (chicken korma). I do not drink cow's milk or goat's milk because I hate the taste of milk, big time. Make it into cheese, that's my take on it.
  • JimiB73
    JimiB73 Posts: 34
    Options
    When I was trying to lose I drank unsweetened vanilla almond milk, because a cup is only 30 calories. I still drink that and prefer that with my protein powder....but have milk when eating cereal.