150 Pounds Down!

Options
cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
Today I met the goal I had set for myself for the end of the year. Negative 150 pounds. I still can't believe it.

I've gone from a 54" waistline to a 38" waistline. I've gone from 4XL shirts down a Large. I'm down to one chin. I have collar bones, and wrist bones again. The floorboards in my house no longer squeak when i walk. I have muscles for probably the first time ever. I'm Zumba'ing 4 nights a week. I'm running on the weekends. I've done a 10k, and I'm registered for a half marathon in May. I'm eating vegetables all the time, constantly looking for ways to eat healthier. I can't remember the last time I had a cheeseburger ...

It's been such a transformative year. I see people that I haven't seen in awhile, and they are blown away because they've just never seen me like this. My weight hasn't been this low in probably 15 years. The successes have been so great, that it's hard to get a handle on sometimes. My friends and family and coworkers still can't really comprehend it. It's literally as if I woke up one day and became a different person.

MFP has been such a huge part of my success. Admittedly, I've gone through different levels of enthusiasm over the last year with regards to logging and whatnot. But MFP was the starting point. In the beginning, I logged religiously. Now, one year later, I have learned what to eat, and what not to eat. I can estimate the caloric intake of my food much better, and logging has become less of a priority.

Aside from the calorie tracking functions of the site, the community has also played a huge role. These forums are so supportive, and all my friends on here (my MFPeeps, if you will) have really kept me focused and on track. It was hard to come to terms with the fact that I could be an inspiration to others, and yet .. it seems that with every pound I've lost ... somebody has told me just that. It still seems crazy. All this support and encouragement has really kept me going. For this, I am eternally grateful.

There are still a few weeks left to the year, and my actually MFP anniversary isn't until Jan, 5th, 2011. I'll keep pushing to see just how much I can lose between now and then. Despite all my success, I'm still technically "obese", a label I wont be free of for another 11 pounds. I've already lowered my overall goal from 180 to 165. I never thought I'd even get this far ... now I'm starting to think I can go all the way.

I keep telling myself ... I'm not special ... anybody can do this. Perhaps I'm half-right.

I think the real truth is that we are ALL special, and we can ALL do this.

Replies

• ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is absolutely amazing and inspiring. 150lbs is a great goal and I am glad you reached it. Merry Christmas to you =]
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    way to go dude, thats my goal and i am getting there
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!!!!:bigsmile: Seriously, congrats on all your hard work!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! KUDDO'S TO YOU!!!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Truly Amazing and Inspiritional..good for you.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    fantastic job. I just hit 100 and I know it must feel great.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and Welcome to your Healthy Future!!
    The Community Support is incredible, and the Program is wonderful in how flexible it is. You can mold it to fit your own needs and be as involved as you need to be.
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing. I looked at your pictures and I find it hard to believe you're still technically obese. You don't look it at all. Great job!
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    You CAN do it! You can go as far as you desire - you've already proven that. Congratulations on all your success, on the lifetyle changes you've made and on becoming a healthier YOU! As someone who is just starting her journey, THANK YOU for posting your success! It's stories like yours and so many others that help me keep my eye on the ball and looking forward to the future when I can make a similar post and hopefully be a support to someone else.

Happy Healthy New year to you! Love your new life! Cheers!
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! I'm only a little bit down in comparison to how much I have to lose, but I am already feeling how positive my changes have been. Congratulations on your success and hard work. You look fabulous and I'm sure you will have no problem reaching your goals. :happy:
  • jennmcpherson
    jennmcpherson Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I know that you've been a huge encouragement to me since the day we "met". MFP is amazing for the supportive people you get to know along the way. You look so great! I remember quite clearly when you were down 50 pounds, that alone was so exciting and now look at you! Congrats a million times! I can't wait to continue to see those wonderful numbers going down down down!

Jenn
  • gregmroberts
    Options
    Truly amazing! What a great example of dedication and discipline! Congrats, and happy holidays to you and yours!!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!! I'm so happy for you!
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    :flowerforyou: CONGRATULATIONS in a BIG way!!! You deserve to be so proud of yourself!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Chris YOU ROCK! YOU ARE A SUPER STAR!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and an inspiration!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You are an inspiration.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    congrats. amazing.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hell yea bro! Great job! Keep going!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow~ you're an absolute INSPIRATION to all of us who've been struggling and, for me, feeling sorry for myself far too many times. This free program helps me stay on track and keeps me more "honest" with myself to get rid of these unhealthy extra pounds.

Thanks a bunch for sharing.

Claire
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!