Fitbit and Mfp - should I reset my activity level?

Options
Hi, I've been using Mfp for a few years now, I lost over 3 stone after having my son but over the last couple of years I've put back on a stone so I'd like to lose it again. I bought a Fitbit Flex recently and have been using it for the last 2 weeks.

I don't exercise at the moment but I get an extra 200-250 calories from my fitbit calorie adjustment for my daily activities (the most for a day was 339).
This week I was 424 calories under weekly goal but last week I was 644 over. I have my goal set as 1lb loss per week which iirc is a deficit of 3500 calories per week. So I am confused as why my weight has stayed the same for the last 2 weeks? Even by going slightly over last week I should've lost half a pound.

I have my Mfp activity level set as lightly active as I'm on my feet all day at work (walk about 7000-8000 steps around my workplace). Should I drop this down to sedentary now I have my fitbit, so that I'm only getting my calorie adjustment from the fitbit? Is there anything else I should be aware of?
Thank you

Replies

• CampbellTony
    CampbellTony Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, You should have MFP set to sedentary. All your calorie adjustments for all of your activity comes from Fitbit. I personally dont set for negative adjustments, that way my intake never falls below that of my sedentary level.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip I had my MFP set on lightly active but now I have changed it to sedentary only today so that way it allows for any activity that I do during the day
  • lisadj
    lisadj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I thought so. I'll give it a try :)
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Just one think when you reset it to sedentary it will reset your calories if you do it on the computer the only way that I have found to put your calories back to where you want them is through your phone
  • lisadj
    lisadj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try with the calories it suggests for me at sedentary (1300), it will give me about 200 more for activity so I'll be aiming for 1500. :)