a reward system

Options
I am thinking of setting up a reward for me as it hit certain goals, 20 pounds 30 pounds etc, does anyone have a system like that and what have you given your fine-*kitten* selves???

Replies

• Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you adapt this in someway but...... In my last job I cycled to work 3 days a week. I calculated the cost of the fuel saving and credited myself with it. When I had enough saved up I purchased whatever I wanted with it completely guilt free and without consulting the household budget. Really encouraged me to cycle in on those days I didn't feel like it.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I set up small goals like a new shirt or something. When I reach my goal weight I get to get a new toy. Try stuff like that.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you adapt this in someway but...... In my last job I cycled to work 3 days a week. I calculated the cost of the fuel saving and credited myself with it. When I had enough saved up I purchased whatever I wanted with it completely guilt free and without consulting the household budget. Really encouraged me to cycle in on those days I didn't feel like it.

THAT is a GREAT plan! Love it!

I reward myself with fitness related products. But not for any particular goal. I just buy them as I need them to help with my journey. I got a treadmill, elliptical, recumbent stationary bike....smaller things like free weights, yoga mat, armband for my mp3 player, heart rate monitor...every few weeks get a new treat that gets you excited about working out all over again, something new to do, like a new workout DVD. My house now looks like a gym :D

Edit: oooh, and reward yourself with a kitchen scale if you don't already have one! It really helps! Makes cooking and eating more fun because it takes the uncertainty out of logging.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    listed in my signature. p.s. my bf is a cosmetology teacher and never can get a mannie from so real big deal.