Am I on the right track to lose weight?

Options
Just wanted someone to look at my diary and see what I should or shouldn't be doing. Thanks!

Replies

• aquariuanjourney
    aquariuanjourney Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale, hrm, etc.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    With a great deal of missing information it is really hard to say that anything is wrong or right. It appears that you log everything and that's a good thing. I can't judge what you are eating since we all eat what works for us.

I guess all I can offer is that with the logging of everything, over time I believe you will be able to fine tune your eating if that is what you want to do but at this point things look okay to me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale, hrm, etc.
    Well then, use it! Your diary is full of volume measurements rather than weights. Weigh all your food. Log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly.

You're not meeting your protein goal. Perhaps you've customized your macros? I use MFP's default protein & fiber goals as minimums and ignore fats & calories.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If your goals are set correctly, you are eating at a deficit. That's good. Be careful with your exercise calories. 339 calories burned for a 48 minute moderate walk sounds a little high to me. If you're trying to lose weight, I would suggest erring on the low side for you're exercise calories. Good luck!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Use the food scale, I wouldn't bother tracking sugar or sodium unless you have a medical reason to track them.

Careful when selecting entries in the MFP database stay away from Generic or Homemade entries as you have no clue what was used in their users recipe and the generic ones aren't usually accurate. Don't forget to log your drinks, oils you use to cook with, etc. They may seem like small amounts but over the course of the day they do add up.

Try to be as accurate as possible (again use the food scale) not measuring cups.. be brutally honest with your logging the good, bad and the ugly. And BE PATIENT!

Good luck to you

ETA: Definitely read that sexypants thread that was posted earlier