I don't know what i am doing wrong help please

Options
Hi all. So i've been at the gym for the past month and a bit.I had one week off due to doing my back in. I keep having back spasms.

Starting weight and date: 10/02/2014. 14st 9pounds 93kg.

16/03/2014- 14st 6 pounds 92kg.

I do zumba every sunday. Wednesdays step and tone. Another day normal gym so about 400-500 cal lost. So that is over 1000 cal burnt a week just at gym.

Can some one help me please.

I've lost 3 pounds and about 21 and a half/ inches from my thighs, waist and arms. Nothing from my back or my butt.

Feeling so demotivated :( i'm trying to keep to my calories too.

Thank you

p.s we also do a little bit of weights e.g leg press machine.

Replies

• smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Is that a typo? You lost 21 and a half inches in a month? If so, you are doing nothing wrong because that's significant progress!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Is that a typo? You lost 21 and a half inches in a month? If so, you are doing nothing wrong because that's significant progress!

Agreed. That's a huge loss. Are you concerned over not losing your butt and back? Then focus on tummy and back tightening exercises and reduce your butt exercises. That's right, reduce your butt exercises. I use to be straight as a ruler, then I read that doing butt/hip exercises to reduce their size often works against us as we end up building those muscles and not just losing fat. I immediately started focusing on those areas and gained an amazing curvy figure while still being thin.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    21 inches?
    What is your diet like?
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I assume you mean you've lost 2 1/2 inches, and 3 lbs. That's good! You won't necessarily lose inches uniformly, so keep going. This isn't going to happen over night. Just make sure you measure and weigh all your foods so you are not overeating without realizing it. Keep at it and changes will come. You can do it!
  • kinni101
    kinni101 Posts: 38
    Options
    sorry between 1 and a half and two inches,