Starting Over and need help and motivation!!!

Options
I am a wife of 13 years to my crazy husband and mother to 2 rambunctious little boys (6 and 3). I have been struggling with my weight since I got married in 2000. The weight just started creeping up and I didn't do anything about it. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in 2002 and with PCOS in 2005. I have been trying to conceive f or 13 years, resulting in one miscarriage in 2012. God chose my boys and as we tell them the stork delivered them to us in a very special and loud way. (they are adopted)
I began having problems again in late 2013 and determined I had Fibroid Tumors in my Uterus, causing me to have a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. I am now pain free for the first time in what seems like forever. I had lost about 20 lbs before surgery but ended up gaining it and some more back after surgery. I am disgusted with myself and need all the motivation I can get.

I am a true couch potato that needs peeling desperately!

Replies

• guildwars1987
    guildwars1987 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started a new medication and I gained back all that I lost over an 80day period. I'm also discusted but I refuse to feel that way any longer. I went out and bought a Fitbit monitor as well as joined many motivational sites and posted old pictures all over my facebook of when I looked good. Get back into the groove and tell yourself that enough is enough its time to do it again and do it right! No replase this time! I have faith in you as well as my other peers of MFP, you can do it and we can help!
  • Jeffs_Jess
    Options
    I think the most important thing is that you are here, now and Wanting to make a change. You can do it! I find you get lots of great ideas, recipes and tons of motivation here.
  • o0vibeke0o
    o0vibeke0o Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just make little lifestyle changes so you don't get overwhelmed and quit. I too am a couch potato, and I don't go to the gym yet (plan to in a few months when my newborn is a bit older). So I just scrub my house clean every day. It makes me feel accomplished that I have a neat and tidy house. Shows me results right away since losing weight takes a little longer hehe.
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you would like. I am a mother of 4 Oldest is 18 youngest is 3.
    I have been stugling with weight for a very long time My goal is to lose about 50 lbs.
  • lacrystal86
    lacrystal86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can imagine that it is difficult to find time for yourself with two small children and a husband. Women are nurturers and we carry the burden of the family such meals, laundry. First of all never be disgusted with who you are or you never be who you want to be. Weight loss is challenging but you got start somewhere. Today is your day make a commitment to yourself and stick to it.
  • drm283
    drm283 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank yall for the pep talks, I really do appreciate it!
  • Trae3
    Trae3 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for any motivation, tips, or inspiration! I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I have been on a journey to lose 60lbs and am currently at the halfway mark with 30 to go! I have tried nearly everything and have finally got a working routine down. I can try to be as much help as possible!

I know it can be hard to stay motivated at times and MFP is a wonderful community that helps each other out!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You can do this! My suggestion is to start tracking everything you eat by logging it on MFP. Even if you don't "eat right" you will begin to understand what foods are causing your calorie count to be too high. I thought by just cutting back and eating sensibly I would lose weight, because I do understand portions and the importance (to me) of all food groups. However, after the first few weeks of doing this I did not continue losing. Then I overheard someone talking about the MFP app and I found it and downloaded it to my phone. I then started logging some foods and eventually started reading the forums. As soon as I realized how easy it is to underestimate how much I eat, and especially portion size, I began weighing my food. That has allowed me to lose weight on a regular basis. And because I like to feel full, I'm making good food choices to use my calories wisely. It makes a huge difference learning how much you are eating when you realize that a 500 calorie a day deficit off your couch potato lifestyle is what it takes to lose a pound a week! Best of luck. Ask questions. People on this site are experienced and helpful.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!! I'm glad you are Pain Free - Finally. I have two kids that are 6 and 4, after dealing with infertility.

I'd love to help you if I can

Friend me if you'd like

Nancy
  • laurahensley1981
    Options
    I am a mother of one and a wife. I currently work at a gas station. I have tried to lose weight before and am starting this again because I am need of being healthy. I get worn out walking with my daughter to the bus stop, which is not very far but just a half a block away. I have migraines and asthma which make it difficult for me to be able to get out sometimes.
    My wish would be able to get out and just walk with my daughter and be able to not get worn out because of my weight. I just need some motivation. I did my home weight in and lost 6 lbs but I know that I won't be able to lose that much every week.
    Thanks for listening and seeing. Have a great day and good luck on everyone on their journey. :)
  • scrapmum4
    scrapmum4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I too am starting over. I am a mother of 4 and have decided that they deserve to have a happy mum and not one that is grumpy and unhappy.

I have tried doing this on my own but am slowly coming to the realisation that you need help and support from others.

I hope you find that here.

xx
  • mykeida
    mykeida Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi,feel free to add me,I am 35 and also had to have a total abdominal hysterectomy in February 2013,the recovery sucks doesn't it!
    But like you I am now pain free and I finally feel in the right place mentally to lose this weight and regain my fitness,start small and build from there,I'm sure you will do great :)