HELP I put my fitbit in the washer

Options
wiffe
wiffe Posts: 224 Member
I started the washer and went back upstairs. WHEN I REALIZED my fitbit one was still on my clothes. SO we ran down there. It appears to be working. It lights up and told me it like me. LOL ANYWAYS I do have it in rice right now. Do you think I'm OK?

Replies

• struggletodiet
    struggletodiet Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    it should be, I have read that you can have a shower with it on so may be
  • dezawada
    dezawada Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    if still worried try removing battery and setting it in rice to dry it for a few hours or over night
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fitbit customer services are great, they replaced my fitbit totally free when I washed it, even though it was totallly my fault and I told them so! If you have any problems don't hesitate to get in touch with them
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The FitBit One is water resistant - as in, you can splash it but not submerge it. Since you got to it quickly it's probably fine! Good save!
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Whenever electronics get wet, it's best not to turn it on until thoroughly dried... otherwise, you risk frying the motherboard. Instead, dry it as much as possible, then put it in a bag of rice:
    https://www.ifuncity.com/blog/2011/06/how-to-save-electronics-from-water-damage/
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    You're probably fine. The newer Fitbit One is pretty water resistant.

If it does start acting up, be sure to email their customer service. They sent me a free replacement when I accidentally washed my Ultra.
  • wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't think the One has a battery you can take out. I have it in rice just as a precaution. AHHHHHHHHHHHH