NSV -what's yours?

Options

Replies

• rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was shopping in the regular ladies section instead of the women's/plus section of the store. The clothes are soooo much cuter in sz 16 than in 22/24s. :happy:

I am so much looking forward to this nsv!!
    Great work :flowerforyou:
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Something small but I noticed my neck looking thinner while driving yesterday and I ran into a friend while shopping who commented on my skin when I wasn't even wearing any makeup :blushing: It's the lil things
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I bought workout shorts Friday in a 'small' - before MFP and weight loss they would have been 'xxl' and been tight.

Also, I bought a new dress Friday - a size 10. I had wanted it at Christmas and had tried on a 12 that fit. When I went back to get it, the 12 was gone so I tried the 10. It fit and looked great! 18 months ago I wore a 22W. I had never worn a 10 in my life!
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Most recent ones would be hitting 30000 steps yesterday and earlier this week I tried on a pair of size 4 pants that I had bought in preparation needing them and they fit. The smallest size I ever remember being was an 8 shortly after high school.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My NSV is clothes related too - I recently bought some very much needed new pants in size 4, and they're too big! Back to the store to buy what - size 2? Me?
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Blood pressure is normal. Pants and skirts falling off me. Visible muscles in my calves and arms without flexing. And I was looking in the mirror when I turned just so and the light hit it just so, and I could see my sternum (breastbone). I was like, what!
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dropping my squats like they're hot! They used to be so hard and painful and I could barely do 20. Now I am doing 4 sets of 20 with a 20lb weight.
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I know it's not much, but today I ran...I was in a 5k walk and I picked up my legs and jogged for a few moments at a time about 5 times during the race. Like I said, it sounds crazy to be excited about such a small thing, but I told myself one of my goals this year is to run and I did! Now I just have to go further and faster. It feels so good. :bigsmile:
  • onmyway57
    onmyway57 Posts: 22
    Options
    Mine I bought a pair of 18 jeans yesterday and they are going to be to big before month is up
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The best/worst part of losing weight is clothes. I used to buy clothes that looked cute on me at 20, and I was a fierce thrifter.

Now, my cute size 20 clothes (as well as the ones that I bought when I went down to an 18) are hanging on me and I just look frumpy. :( It's fun to buy new clothes, but I'm in grad school and only make $10 an hour, so who has the money?

On the other hand, thrifting might take me about half the time since more will fit (when I finally amass enough of a clothes budget to try again).
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ran 5K today!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

My NSV today is that I wore my nerdshirt "10 Ways Kirk is Better Than Picard" and my boss said that he doesn't have to tilt his head as much to read the list. Oddly complimenting, but I'm running with it. LOL!

ineffective 'nerd' shirt if you prefer Kirk over Picard. Every true Trekkie knows Picard is by far the better Captain.:bigsmile:
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    The jeans I had to buy a couple of months ago are beginning to fall - will need a belt and then eventually new ones.

And I breezed up the three loong staircases out from my deep metro station - and that was with a cold, too. When I started this I couldn't do even one of those staircases.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    MY NSV - cleaned the gutters, raked enough leaves to fill four garbage cans and trimmed all the shrubs and wasn't gasping for breath or taking a rest! :)
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The best/worst part of losing weight is clothes. I used to buy clothes that looked cute on me at 20, and I was a fierce thrifter.

Now, my cute size 20 clothes (as well as the ones that I bought when I went down to an 18) are hanging on me and I just look frumpy. :( It's fun to buy new clothes, but I'm in grad school and only make $10 an hour, so who has the money?

On the other hand, thrifting might take me about half the time since more will fit (when I finally amass enough of a clothes budget to try again).

Maybe post where you live and you can arrange to get care package from someone on here that is growing out of their 14-16's. You can pay shipping and they can send them to you! You never know if you don't ask....
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Visited my parents yesterday and didn't eat the chocolate caramel slice that was on offer, just sitting there on the table looking at me. :-)
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks are going away! They were my wake up call to begin with.
  • aliceinweightlossland
    Options
    Normally I dodge mirrors, so I can avoid my reflection. Today I passed by a mirror while thrift shopping, and I stopped to smile at myself. :heart:
  • Aakani
    Aakani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As I was working out, I checked myself out in the mirror and felt confident about what I saw. I just felt awesome.
  • karmic_fit
    karmic_fit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Went thrifting with my cousin and caught sight of a super cute skirt on the way out the door. I didn't want to have to go back and wait in line for the fitting room again, so I checked the size tag. It was a medium, which i knew wouldn't fit me now, but I know I've been doing well and it would only be a matter of time, so I bought it as a 'goal' skirt...... tried it on when I got home to see how much i had to lose before i could wear it AND IT FIT JUST FINE :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!