How do you take your training programme to the gym?

Options
slr90
slr90 Posts: 212 Member
Do you take a print out or write a memo on your phone or is there an app you use for it? :)

Replies

• benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    print out and a pen to make notes #oldschool
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Mine is simple so it is memorized. I see people carrying notebooks, papers with pen, and cellphones all the time. Do whatever works for you.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    in for the info
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    notebook and pen….
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    There are several apps you can use on your phone to create/log your workouts. I use one called FitNotes. It has lots of exercises/lifts and you can use them to create your workout, or create an exercise of your own. Then you can track your sets and reps and it also has a timer. Simple, easy, and does what I need.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    print it out, or use a notebook, or a clipboard, or make a memo on your phone or use an app like Jefit
  • slr90
    Options
    Hmm maybe notebook and pen could be quite motivational too as I could look back at the start to see the progress Ive made after a month or so. Apps have the perk of not needing to take anything else into the gym as the phone is already there though.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have been using JeFit on my Android phone.... I use to take a notebook and pen but now just use the app... Best of Luck
  • slr90
    Options
    I will check out JeFit :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I make my plan in a spreadhsheet, print it out and put it in a 3-ring binder (which contains all of my workouts since I started in Dec 2013) and mark off what I do with pen as I go, along with any notes for the day (tweaked this, some lift was especially easy or hard that day, skipped something for whatever reason, etc.)
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Jefit app. since I began lifting back in 2012 it lets you look back at your progress as well.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I use an old app on my phone called "GymBuddy." It is also not internet connected so if my connection is bad it still works. That's the primary reason I use it.
  • slr90
    Options
    ooo! I hadnt thought about internet connection being required, I dont think there is Wi-Fi at my gym and not sure on how good signal is in there to get a connection,
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ooo! I hadnt thought about internet connection being required, I dont think there is Wi-Fi at my gym and not sure on how good signal is in there to get a connection,
    If you want to use an app, I would recommend Jefit. It does not require an internet connection to work, it will take what you input on your phone and sync it with the website later. My only issue with them, is there is limited reports (especially in the free version. Though you can upgrade to get more.), little to no customization and no way to download the data into excel or something so you can do your own analysis. But, I haven't found anything any better, so sticking with it for now.