How long did it take you to get back on track

Options
...after the holidays?

Replies

• meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I never got off track over the holidays this year... which is a first for me... But, I can tell you that in the past, when I made a decision to lose weight, if I could make it past week three then I felt comfortable. The last time I made the decision to finally lose the weight once and for all was July 1, 2013... it's now March 16, 2014 and I am still going strong. I just knew if I can get past week 3, I would be okay. I then took it one week at a time from that point on. Now it is just habit.... last weekend I "allowed" myself a piece of my son's wedding cake.... I was afraid that it would be the bite that sent me down that spiral once agai... which is what happened many times in the past... but was pleasantly surprised with myself when I had had two bites and I was done... wow... never thought I would see that day! For the first time in my life, though, I am wearing a size 8 and that is a major factor... got rid of all my double digit sized clothing (normally I would box things up "just in case"). NO "JUST IN CASE" anymore!!!
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I spent the Holiday's traveling. The day after I got back from vacation I got back on track. I did pretty good on vacation as well but didn't track everything (less than 1 lb gain after spending a week at an all inclusive resort, I consider pretty good).
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    The next day. I don't bother logging the actual holiday since I know I"ll be over and I don't feel like figuring out the calorie count for each dish I make. So the next day I just get back on the same track and continue on as if it never happened.