A bit embarrassed.

Options
I am a bit embarrassed to reach out to people I don't know. However, I guess we are all in need of support for a more healthy life stile. I am 30 days sober today and working on trying to loose everything that Anheuser Busch "blessed" :wink: me with over 10 years. The goal is 165 from 245. Happy to take friend requests. -John

Replies

• aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    No need to be embarrassed! We're all here with the goal of living more healthy than we have been!

Good luck!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't be - we all need it!!

Gail x
  • crishsexy
    crishsexy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome John! I like you post that was nice the way you put it. I see both of us have the same weight goal so it would be fun to learn from each other. However, it is going to be easier for you to loose the weight because men have a high metabolism than women so I hear.
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No embarrassment here. We are all here for the same goal. We all have our own obstacles............

It's great to have a support network here and I have certainly gotten some great laughs off of the message boards and posts from friends. It's a great group of people.

Welcome!
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    no! don't be at all! :-) your goal is about the same as mine. Went from 233 to 195 (today!) and let me tell you, YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together! Happy 10th... I wish you many more.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be embarrassed about. I never wanted to reach out in previous weight-loss attempts because I was too proud. I wanted to do it on my own. This time though I was in such a low place when I decided to try again I reached out all over the place and the encouragement and support I've received has been amazing and SO helpful. it will be for you as well, congrats and good luck :)
  • escalante
    escalante Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • chazsucks
    Options
    wow congrats being sober 30 days :) you obviously have a lot of strength and willpower so I'm sure you will do you great on your weight loss journey! I'm new to it myself and this site is fab! good luck xx
  • tturner33
    Options
    John,

Congrats on the 30 days. One day at a time brother. January 1 will be 9 years sober for me. Try to develop good eating habits now. I literally starved myself the last two years I was drinking, so once I got sober, I started replacing the sugar from my beer with processed sugars... and I ballooned up to over 240 lbs. I told myself that as long as I wasn't drinking, it was OK...but it isn't. Now I'm on the road to a healthier lifestyle and have dropped 11 pounds since September. The holidays are tough with regards to both food and drink. If you need someone to talk to, give me a shout. I'm on here most days. God Bless.

-Tom
  • jrrj777
    Options
    Amazing Tom. Thank you.
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    First of all I'd like to say congrats on your sobriety:smile: I work in substance abuse and see the struggles everyday...just remember to always take it one day at a time. Secondly, no need to be embarrassed, we are all here for the same reason and I think you will find this to be an excellent support system. Sending a friend request...:flowerforyou:
  • jeesa
    jeesa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed! We're all here for the same thing!
  • lstrachan
    lstrachan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Luck John!! You are not in this by yourself!! I am hoping that my actions will encourage my significant other to do what you are doing. However, Corona still has the best of him - LOL!! You CAN do it!!
  • I am a bit embarrassed to reach out to people I don't know. However, I guess we are all in need of support for a more healthy life stile. I am 30 days sober today and working on trying to loose everything that Anheuser Busch "blessed" :wink: me with over 10 years. The goal is 165 from 245. Happy to take friend requests. -John

No need to be embarassed at all, my goal and yours are pretty much identical as well. I am going from 240 (currently 230) to 175
  • jrrj777
    Options
    Thank You
  • jrrj777
    Options
    Sobriety is a tough road. I am blessed to have such an awesome wife who supports me in everything I do. Hang in there with him. I couldnt do it without her.
  • joeybaby66
    Options
    Hi John,
    Don't ever be embarrassed about being honest with others, and more importantly yourself. You can do this pal. Plenty of support for all of us who need it. It seems we're outnumbered here by women on this website. I also think women are more honest about weight than us guys are. we could learn something. One day at a time.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on being 30 days sober. That is an amazing accomplishment. As you make conscious choices in that aspect of your life I think it will help you make conscious choices about your intake and exercise. I wish you all the success in the world in this journey.
  • zizzy33
    Options
    Agreed ! Kudos on 30 days sober ! Cool for you. As a new FitPal will be looking for your support too here's to a "cheers" to our success