NSV -what's yours?

Options

Replies

• madDino27
    madDino27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new belt, This time I went for a canvas adjustable one so I won't have to purchase again. I've also been able to fit into pants without a muffin top that I couldn't even button up when I started out.

I've also had coworkers mention how good I look recently and even my little brother noticed I'd lost weight. It's been fun taking pictures the whole way so I can see it easily too.

The next one I'm excited for is when my baggy pants actually become baggy again.
  • Murf2014
    Murf2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I jogged for 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I haven't been able to run that far without stopping for 20 years.

EdzqtMx.gif
  • karmstg
    karmstg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My big one lately was going to buy a new leather jacket. The sales guy suggested a corset-style one (which I wouldn't have dared wear a year ago) He asked what size. I said medium and he gives me a doubtful look, and I'm thinking "Crap, he's going to say I should try a large," and he says "You're a small, maybe even extra small." He was right :)
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

My NSV today is that I wore my nerdshirt "10 Ways Kirk is Better Than Picard" and my boss said that he doesn't have to tilt his head as much to read the list. Oddly complimenting, but I'm running with it. LOL!

ineffective 'nerd' shirt if you prefer Kirk over Picard. Every true Trekkie knows Picard is by far the better Captain.:bigsmile:
    QFT.

My latest one is deciding on Saturday to run a 5k on Sunday (because a neighbor had an extra bib she needed to sell) and beating my previous best pace by better than a minute/mile.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm down to the last notch on my belt and will need to go buy a new one soon. (though to be realistic I will likely punch a couple more and buy the new one when I hi the goal) and my too tight jeans fit loosely now and the ones i was wearing that were too tight in December are now baggy. I need new jeans as well soon
  • flyingbeta
    flyingbeta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love NSV threads--congrats, everyone, way to go!

Mine is that I'm up to 15 minutes on the elliptical. A month ago I could barely do 1 minute.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I bought 3 new pairs of fairly expensive jeans about 2 weeks ago... had to get them altered which took 10 days. I wore one pair this past Saturday and the legs are so baggy I feel like I wasted my money b/c they look too big.

On the bright side, the one pair of jeans that was too tight when I bought them actually fit perfectly now... and they sit on my [large] hips instead of my waist!!!! :happy:
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I went to my Aunt Kaye's funeral and no one recognized me. I lost over 10% of my body fat.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Passing through the bakery section at the store this morning and grabbing a banana from the produce section instead.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

My first NSV was when I needed to buy a new belt for my pants!
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Instead of flats I wore my high heel boots yesterday, because I was feeling a little sexy. ;-)
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awe! That is the best! Now, ask for his credit card and head to the store! LOL
  • Abbie_Thompson
    Abbie_Thompson Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!

My NSV today is that I wore my nerdshirt "10 Ways Kirk is Better Than Picard" and my boss said that he doesn't have to tilt his head as much to read the list. Oddly complimenting, but I'm running with it. LOL!

ineffective 'nerd' shirt if you prefer Kirk over Picard. Every true Trekkie knows Picard is by far the better Captain.:bigsmile:

May be bias since my maiden name is Kirk... but he is the better captain and he got all the green ladies to prove it. Though I do love Picard too. :-)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Mine is huge, to me.

I lost 49 pounds from May 2013-December 2013. I was wearing a size 6, ready for a 4, 12 pounds from my goal weight.

The winter that would never end hit, I had issues with my lungs which kept me from running the months of January and February. I started slacking on my tracking, then my eating. I gained 12 of my pounds back, I looked like a busted can of biscuits in my size 6 jeans etc...

I've been trying to get back on track since February. I think I've finally done it. As of this morning I'm only 7.4 pounds above my lowest weight, less than 20 from my goal.

I have a half marathon on May 2, my first, and my 1 year anniversary of this healthy life is May 3. I hope to be almost to goal by then.
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My husband suggested a belt for my saggy pants. These WERE muffin-top pants a few months ago.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Alright 2 small NSV's in the last week; First, I had to go to Security to renew my badge training (we have to do this annually) and they MADE me take a new picture because the old one didn't look like me AT ALL! Second, I was able to climb 3 Flights of Stairs in the Parking Garage downtown on Saturday morning and I didn't get Winded ONCE!!! Sooo happy about those!
  • lavender_fairie
    lavender_fairie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1. I didn't eat the brownie

2. My husband says I'm getting stomach blades like I had in my 20's, which I never paid attention to until they left. I couldn't see them last night, but he pointed them out while I was sitting on the bed, so now I'm trying to decide if he was just imagining them or If they exist and I am not seeing them. It's a nice problem bc either way I win. ;)
  • Murf2014
    Murf2014 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I looked like a busted can of biscuits
    I love this comment! :laugh:
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I worked on building my workbench in the garage all day on Saturday and just knew my back would hurt when I went mountain biking on Sunday. I rode Sunday, really hard, and had NO BACK PAIN. It's not so much the weight loss (although that helps) as it is all of the core work I've been putting in. I love to ride, but that back pain was really bad when I finished. Two consecutive rides with no pain!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of pants I had not worn since January on Saturday, they fit perfectly instead of being borderline too tight like last time I wore them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!