New from North Carolina

Options
gosustu
gosustu Posts: 33 Member
My name is Stu. I am 34, born in England, now living in North Carolina, USA (by way of Canada). Formerly very active in sports including football and squash, have steadily been putting on weight for the last 3-4 years due to a poor lifestyle; dreadful eating habits (fast food, ugh) and lack of exercise. I want to get back to my ideal weight of 185 pounds, currently at 225. My cardio is still pretty good but my muscle mass has all but disappeared so I am working hard to develop my core and maintain healthy eating habits to achieve my goal of playing soccer again and I would love to get into ice hockey in a recreational league.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Stu!!!!

You can do this!!!
  • krosen1228
    Options
    Welcome Stu! I'm from NC as well! Good luck and you got this!! Feel free to add me!
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am from NC as well. Good luck!
  • brooks124u
    brooks124u Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Stu!! North Carolina here also!!! Welcome.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hooray for NC! Welcome to our state and MFP!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome to NC! Feel free to add me as a friend. The weather motto for our state is "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute - it will change"!
  • SpamLamb
    SpamLamb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hooray!! Welcome to MFP and to NC! I thin you'll find that in both places, most of the people are pretty terrific. Enjoy your new life!
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Welcome to NC and MFP. Good luck on your journey.
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live in Va. but my gym is in NC. Kinda cool to leave the state to workout everyday but it is only 5 miles!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Stu. I'm also in NC. Welcome to MFP. I have found it to be a great tool to help achieve my goals. There are a lot of wonderful people too.
  • gosustu
    gosustu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes!! I really do love NC, it's a beautiful state. I live in Raleigh and work in Durham for Duke. Go Blue Devils!
  • KSherman27
    KSherman27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from North Carolina too, born and raised. I currently live in the Indian Trail area. You can add me too :)
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, say what's up to Quinn Cook for me - I had him as a student in high school. Lot's of great facilities at Duke to workout! I've got Syracuse in the NCAA tourney, but have much respect for the Dookies. Best wishes on your fitness journey - I've been on one for over a year, but recently began using MFP to help get me kick started and over the hump to great success. Totally motivating to communicate with others on a journey - my gym is very low-key and not a lot of people going at it seriously so i need the motivation from MFP.
  • ahdaswani
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm in Morrisville. Looking to get in shape for a 4 day summit climb of Mt Rainier in Jul. Hope to be inspired by everyone out here!
  • candace71
    candace71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I live right in the heart of NC❤️ Born and raised‼️ Welcome.