How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every Monday morning to keep track of things when I first started but, now, whenever I feel like it.

It doesn't matter when you do it, just try to stick to the same time. ie: f you eat a lot at weekends then do it before or after, but you'll regularly see what your trend is.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to the belief that tracking your inches is more important than your weight. Not that you shouldn't monitor it. I weigh myself every 4-5 weeks (one month) and do my measurements a bit more frequently. I always weigh myself after 8 hours of sleep, first thing in the morning!
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning.

If you weigh every day, don't let that number play games in your head. Things like hard workouts, sodium intake, hormones and things all play a part in that scale number.
  • Laurie038
    Laurie038 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Twice a week. Every Friday and Monday morning....at the same time. And I take measurements on the last day of every month.
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I used to weight myself every other day, but I would get discourage and give up. So now I weight myself every month on the 20th. I get so tempted to step on scale every now and then tho.
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about 2 times a week to keep myself in check. It is ALWAYS when I wake up. Sometimes I weigh in after exercising too, but you lose a lot of water weight then so, that number is deceiving. Yesterday I weighed myself and I lost 1.3 pounds since my last weigh in, so I was 200.8. I exercised for an hour on the treadmill and the scale said 198.8. I will stick with the higher number for now. Is exciting as I have not been in one-derland for a really long time! I will peek in a few days to see if I can actually post a weigh in under 200 :)
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Saturdays, after i've had breakfast and lunch, but after my workout that day. between the two variables (eating and exercising) i figure it's pretty indicative of my "regular" everyday weight.
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh Tuesday morning's same time each week. Sometimes I will check on Friday as well, just to see if I've made any progress but I don't log that one, that's just for myself to think about over the weekend and to get me thru to Tuesday because I get anxious! haha.
  • verosely
    verosely Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I know that I fluctuate between 1-2 pounds per day but I like to know if I go up more than 2. Normally I see a drop every other day.
  • aimeemottershead
    aimeemottershead Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. On sundays normally.
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Every day in the morning, I like having the data as it makes it easy to look at which day you could have gone wrong on your diet.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Do whatever works for you. Some do it once a month, once a week or once a day.

I weigh myself every morning.
  • niniagrn
    niniagrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh once per week. Before I eat or drink anything, no clothes and after morning bowel movement (TMI, sorry).
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't anymore, I go on how I look in the mirror, how I feel, and how much I can lift.

Because I lift heavy I have muscle, so I know the scale will never reflect what I would like it to. But these days it's just a number. Getting leaner and tighter and smaller and more energetic is my goal, not shifting pounds.

Maybe give it a try? Once you get over the terror of not knowing (!), it's very liberating.
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I try really hard for 1x a week... Saturday morning before my trainer workout.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only track it on Saturday
  • akarras823
    Options
    I used to get obsessive with the scale, so I weigh myself once a month after my Saturday workout at the gym. I don't have a scale at home anymore because I was sabotaging myself with negative thoughts if I gained a pound. It could be anything - water retention, building muscle, and not because I was bad at my diet or didn't exercise.

So now I weigh in and take my measurements the first of every month.
  • PinkDeath616
    Options
    Twice every day. Once when I wake up and once before I go to bed.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh everyday but it was making me crazy so now i weigh myself once or twice a week. it's just up to however you want to do it though lol
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning at 8 AM.