Replies

• bevfazio
    bevfazio Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wish more men would chat!
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1052845-fat-smoker-to-triathlete?hl=Fat+smoker&page=1#posts-16168601

I'm not as cut as some of you guys. Wow!!! In fact, if I told some of you how many hours I workout every week you wouldn't believe me. Hahaha, but pretty much every day is leg day. ;-)
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and 32. The "Before" would have been sometime in late 2012, so I'm getting there.
    March2014BeforeandAfter_zps88d16306.jpg
  • BackInTheSaddle13
    BackInTheSaddle13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    :::chants::: More! More! More! More!

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :love: :blushing: :glasses:

THIS
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just started out a few weeks ago and one of the things I was determined to do to keep me focused was to photo myself every week. Now, that seems to be a little too often but was I lose more, I think it will be interesting to look back. So, every Friday evening, I photo front, back, left and right.

I hope you can keep up with this. I'll tell you from my own personal experience, I had a similar thought at the start but gave up keeping an accurate photo record after a little while. Reason being: The changes come slow. Veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyy sllooooooooooowwww. You put in 110% effort to get 0.1% returns.

I say this not to demoralize you but to try and help you see this thing realistically. It's very easy along the way to at some point give up, throw it in or whatever just because you question is it worth it. It is exceptionally hard to make real progress.

For my own part knowing this and really understanding and realizing it helped me. I was able to get into a headspace where I could say "ok, this isn't going to pay off in 2 months but rather 2 years, and I'm not going to see significant changes on the timetable of my choosing." It really challenges you. You have to keep reinvesting in the plan, in the system, when the system isn't reciprocating in an obvious way. Like I said, 0.1% returns.

Good luck to you. Keep putting in the work, always work hard and it will pay off. Trust that it will and it will.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I just started out a few weeks ago and one of the things I was determined to do to keep me focused was to photo myself every week. Now, that seems to be a little too often but was I lose more, I think it will be interesting to look back. So, every Friday evening, I photo front, back, left and right.

I opened a Pinterest account and post my pics in a 'Secret' file because...well, let's just say the pics show why I'm on a diet and on MyFitnessPal to begin with! LOL

If anyone is on Piniterest and wants to see, I will share but be forewarned, I'm about 80 pounds over my goal and the pics let it all hang out!

I will say that when Tuesday or Wednesday comes along, it spurs me on knowing that Photo Friday is coming up and I need to pose...it helps keep me going.

I did a set of photos a week for a while. Interesting for sure, but hard to keep up that pace. I do weekly measurements though and have for a long time.

While I was losing initially, once I started taking progress photos I did them biweekly. That's a pretty good spacing if you are losing fast.

Nowadays I just do them monthly. Things don't change so fast anymore. I'm glad though that I literally have more than 2 years of monthly progress photos, it is fascinating to look at.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Best.....Thread.....EVER!!!!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    PhotoGrid_1393135058385.jpg
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Still maybe 10-15 more to go. I agree, no male success stories. I think there are plenty, but men usually don't want to share their stories as much, for the most part.

b8854398-c4c8-439a-a094-1913db83291d_zpsc728b41c.jpg
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    :tongue: bump
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.... amazing results!
  • Gnasher1960
    Gnasher1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5ft 7ins, 53. Starting weight 230lbs currently 160 but still trying to shed a few more round the middle.

Frontflexprogress1-270_zps3359d83e.jpg

Sideprofileprogress1-270_zps6efe10dd.jpg

Still a work in progress.
  • rauljg42
    rauljg42 Posts: 30
    Options
    b65f76ce-d91d-4953-bdda-1d60bb882b0f_zpsf3da4292.jpg?t=1395071042
  • chavaaguirre
    chavaaguirre Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome stories guys!!!! keep up the good work!
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Still a work in progress
    Not too bad for being almost 40 in a few months.

PhotoGrid_1387676801947.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Not sure why it cut off the rest LOL
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to all of you!
    :smile:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< Latest progress shot. Before pics are in my profile.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    recent pic in profile.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    In for the amazing transformations! Great job, guys!!!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    5 years and +75 pounds later.

156em4x.jpg

24e5ncl.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!