Mini Egg Bites recipe

Options
I bookmarked a recipe from an old issue of Oxygen and finally tried it two weeks ago. It was so easy to make, very yummy, and low in calories! I think it provides a great way to keep things interesting in the morning.

Mini Egg Bites:

Preheat oven to 400 F.

-1 cup egg whites
-1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
-3 slices low sodium, low calorie deli meat. roughly chopped. I used Oscar Meyer oven roasted turkey.
-dash cayenne pepper
-dash garlic powder
-dash parsley flakes
-salt and pepper optional

In a bowl whisk the egg whites lightly with a fork, add the chopped deli meat, and stir in the cheese. Add cayenne and parsley. Mix one more time.

Spray a mini muffin pan with PAM and use your 1/4 measuring cup to add the egg white mixture to the muffin pan. It should make about 12-14 mini egg bites. Based on the ingredients above they came out to 21 calories each.

Bake at 400 F for 25-30 minutes. They bake up super golden brown and tasty!! I top it with tabasco sauce. :wink:

I've already made a batch with extra cheese and chopped cherry tomatoes. I ate four with a half glass of pure OJ and some chai tea this morning. Great way to start the day.

I'm making another batch later this week with fresh spinach and feta! The recipe in the magazine suggested using mushrooms, red peppers, green onions, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, and 1/2 tsp thyme. The variations are endless. Happy cooking!!

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    that sounds awesome and so many ways to cook it up. Thanks for sharing.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try it...printed out the recipe. Thanks!
  • carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken a picture for you guys! They were perfectly golden brown gorgeous AND they really taste great.

The magazine suggested it was a great alternative to hard boiled eggs especially if you take them to work. You can reheat the mini egg bites in the microwave and they don't smell. But we always eat the whole batch so I don't have any leftovers to take to work! LOL
  • emiller10
    emiller10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. I am printing out now.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • fryeral
    fryeral Posts: 2
    Options
    Has anybody tried freezing the egg bites? How did it turn out?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    Bump because it sounds way too easy not to try.