people who use exercise dvds

Hi

I have recently lost all motivation with the gym as the classes i previously enjoyed either were dropped or moved to a time when I just cant get there. So rather than do nothing I have decided to work out at home. Im looking for people to add as friends who also use work out dvds for a little extra motivation :) I also own kettlebells and enjoy using these

Replies

• I do NOT sell Beachbody products, I have to preface with that.

I LOVE TurboFire, Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Combat. I hate T25 (it's very painful, lots of jumping and lots of burpees and mountain climbers, my hips don't like that). I used to love Walk Away the Pounds back in the day for a light workout and then there's always just hitting the pavement for a run.

Good Luck.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    I have looked at all these this morning - but they are all out of my price range for now! I really like combat at the gym but cant see me being motivated to do it at home. Instead I have bought a box set of jillian michaels dvds - 30 day shred, 6 weeks abs, banish fat and no more trouble zones. I also bought bob harpers kettle bell cardio shred - can you tell i like biggest loser lol x
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    I just started getting into Kettlebells, but my brother has been training with them pretty consistently for years now. I just picked up a set of Sarah Lurie Iron Core Kettlebell DVD's on Amazon for less them $10. Two of the them are more for beginners, which is good for me, but the other 2 are pretty hard core - Iron Core Warrior and Iron Core Boot Camp. My brother checked them out and he said they're no BS.
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Try fitnessblender.com, I use them and the have hundreds of free workout videos to choose from.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Hasfit.com. Also on YouTube.
    Befit in 90 on YouTube.
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    If you havent tried biggest losers 6 week cardio crush with Bob and Dolvet I found it pretty challenging!!
  • jerimay22
    jerimay22 Posts: 55 Member
    Has anyone tried fitfusion.com?? I can't wait to get home and try the sites listed here!! I have Jillian Micheals 30 day shred, and her body revolution, and I love them but I get bored super easy..
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 220 Member
    I use the You Are Your Own Gym iphone app. I am starting the 10 week program tomorrow. It's only $3.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Try fitnessblender.com, I use them and the have hundreds of free workout videos to choose from.

I love love love fitnessblender.com each time I can pick what I feel like doing and how long I want to aim for, mixing it up has really helped me keep motivated. I also love the 30DS and use zumba for ps3 when i feel like mixing it up for some cardio fun. Insanity is alright, but I found it boring and very hard on the joints.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    I would go for the free online ones to figure out what you like to do...what you save now you won't miss later :drinker:
  • Jaminjo2
    Jaminjo2 Posts: 31 Member
    I've been exercising regularly for 6 months, I'm not an expert or in top notch condition.

What I have found that helps with the motivation and boredom is not to do the same workout more than a couple of days in a row. I own 4 or 5 dvds that I picked up at yard sales, the gym I use has a small selection of dvds and once in a while I rent from the public library. Lots of variety for me. I even like to search exercises on youtube when I start getting the "same old, same old" feelings about my workouts.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    I use Beachbody all the way. The gym is a waste. After 5 years at the gym, I quit. Working out at home is better.
  • schnarfo
    Need more adds guys :D we can keep each other motivated. I am an active user - online most days to log exercise and food and my diary is open to friends :D Add me :D
  • UFITYETXX
    UFITYETXX Posts: 38
    I love the Jillian Michaels videos...just rotate them so you're always challenging your body...youtube has great videos too!
  • earlybrd7
    earlybrd7 Posts: 56 Member
    Insanity has given me results and I would recommend it for anyone looking for workout videos, I never got into any of Shaun T's other workout series though.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    I just sent you an add! I am a vidiot, lol :-) And do practically all my exercising at home. I do have a ton of Beachbody and there is a lot of it I like, some I don't. But, I also have quite a range of other workouts for home as well. I used to do kettlebells and still have them, and am going to be using them in April/May. Am just finishing P90x3 out right now. I have most of the Bob Harper stuff, not so much Jillian as she isn't really my cup of tea, lol! But I do have a few of her videos. Ellen Barrett, I got started with Leslie Sansone and have used her more recently coming off of serious illness. A bunch of pilates, Barre3, some yoga, etc. I have been buying them since 2009 so it's been a little while.
    There is a site called videofitness dot com, the reviews of folks there have helped me to not buy too many I don't like. There is a lot of stuff on youtube... a lot of folks on VF like Jessica Smith, who has a ton of free workouts on you tube.

I just started using myfitnesspal...I had started an account a few months ago but never really explored it and didn't get started. I have been on actively for the last few days and plan on continuing.
  • Cool_Ginger
    Cool_Ginger Posts: 19 Member
    I've been using 30day shred, and actually like it. It's nice to have it broken down in little segments and its fast. An old one I have that I also liked is a set called "yoga booty ballet" it's three videos, and has strength, balance and cardio. The trainers are kind of cookey and fun....I bet you could find it used on ebay
  • schnarfo
    Thanks for all the adds so far guys! really appreciate it :D Keep them coming!! :D and for all the suggestions!!! loads of good stuff out there, cant wait to get my delivery and make a start now.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Fitness Blender and 30 Day Shred are online for FREE. Don't buy into Beachbody.. waste of money esp if you don't really have a lot of it.
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    I love dvds and I am going to start a 30 day bob harper dvd rotation. Its going to be killer, but I am excited. I like to rotate b/w dvds and barbell training to avoid boredom.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    I broke out my oldish Firm DvDs. They're really a great workout, using hand weights & their "firm box" but any aerobics step will do. The Ab Sculpt DVD leaves me sore for days after.

Give it a try. You only need a mat & a 14" step (any work tbh)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wP8KOC_XEHM
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    I hated the gym, I've been working out at home for about two years now. I run and use DVDs.
    I've done various Jillian DVDs, Slim in Six, P90X, bits of Insanity, bits of Rockin' Body, all kinds of stuff.
    The beachbody programmes are expensive, but you can find them cheaper on craigslist or eBay. P90X is the best programme I've ever done, hands down.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    I can't workout at home to save my life. However, if you are looking for DVD's to do, look at Groupon. They have a few for pretty cheap.
  • You can also try bodyrock.tv (the daily hiit), as well as melissa bender workouts.
  • I've been doing some ZCUT Dvds lately. They're really intense! They also have a calendar, unlike the regular ZWOWs. I think buying the dvds are cheaper than joining the ZGYM.

Also, since we're on the topic of exercise dvds, I thought of starting a group where we can share what we're doing right now! What do you think?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20365-home-workout
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    I use workout dads occasionally, like when its really cold or raining (which, honestly, has been all the time here lately). I use Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones which is great, and I do dance dads. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • kcm105
    kcm105 Posts: 50 Member
    bump
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Most fitness DVDs are a complete waste of money, especially given there are loads for free online which are not hosted by some dodgy celebrity who is just trying to pull a fast one by claiming you can lose a stone in 5 seconds.
  • schnarfo
    Most fitness DVDs are a complete waste of money, especially given there are loads for free online which are not hosted by some dodgy celebrity who is just trying to pull a fast one by claiming you can lose a stone in 5 seconds.

Any exercise is better than none surely?! Granted I would prob get more cardio a t the gym but I just can't afford it right now. Tried 30day shred level 1 seems too easy but the side lunges had me screaming! I'm not trying to lose any weight just get in shape
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member

Any exercise is better than none surely?! Granted I would prob get more cardio a t the gym but I just can't afford it right now. Tried 30day shred level 1 seems too easy but the side lunges had me screaming! I'm not trying to lose any weight just get in shape

I wouldn't worry too much about that poster. If fitness DVDs didn't work, I wouldn't have lost 70lbs.