A Good No-Gym Muscle Workout?

Options
Aakani
Aakani Posts: 17 Member
I am travelling this summer and will be away from the gym for almost a month. I need to stay in shape (going to a wedding a couple weeks after I get back) and while there are a lot of options for cardio, I just want a solid semi-filler for all the weights and machines I won't have. This could also be an at-home muscle workout.

I am assuming pushups and situps will be part of it. What exercises would you suggest? What exercises do you get the most out of when outside the gym?

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Try looking up "You are your own Gym" or "Convict Conditioning". Both use body weight exercises.

You can do push ups, lunges, triceps dips, squats, planks...
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Try looking up "You are your own Gym" or "Convict Conditioning". Both use body weight exercises.

You can do push ups, lunges, triceps dips, squats, planks...

2x for "You Are Your Own Gym". If you have a device that will run the app, you don't need to take a book or even a stopwatch with you. Everything you need to know would be on your device. Plus, it's equipped with advice on how to use things you'll readily find in a hotel room in lieu of equipment (such as using doors for pull-ups).
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Another for YAYOG

I travel a lot with work and whilst running is my main training I use this to complement it.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    +4
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Besides the 2 already mentioned, nerdfitness & strength unbound are also good places to start.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    On top of the other suggestions, Fitnessblender.com and TheBeFit Channel on a YouTube have some decent bodyweight programs.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Besides the 2 already mentioned, nerdfitness & strength unbound are also good places to start.

a lot of great progression here.

If you need some generic body weight workouts- and they have less "progressions" more like fitnessblender- just a few different things to work while you are away.
    Loving Fit
    Zuzka Light
    Bodyrock.tv or the DailyHiit
  • Aakani
    Aakani Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot! Thanks so much you all. I will definitely be covered for my trip.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump