I am planning my food journal in the morning! Big Help!

Options
This is so much fun! I am so glad I found this board, what an inspiration. I love the food journal. I know I am suppose to fill it out in the evening or the next day, but it works the other way around for me.

I plan my meals in the morning and just adjust them if necessary during the day. What a big help it is...Thank you!

Although I just started and already lost weight and gained friends.....Too cool! Love it!

Replies

• kathynavarro2014
    kathynavarro2014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Excellent - I try very hard to plan mine the night before so I pack my breakfast, lunch & snacks. It really helps me stay on the right path.

And congrats on already losing some weight.
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh Thank you :-)

I am list hawk. If I make a "to do list" ..I actually do it because scratching things off the list makes me happy (OK I guess I as weird). The planning works for me the same way!

thank you for being there!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    planning definitely helps with weight loss. You're off to a great start. good luck.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    that is how I started too..now I log days in advance based on what I bought for food, who is doing the cooking and who is home..it's great and yah I adjust when needed...

It's great...
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    I agree about pre-logging and I often do a few days in advance. I REALLY helps me to not dwell on food and wondering what I am going to eat. Of course there is room for changes, but it is fun and it has made a huge difference in my experience.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    My old trainer used to say, "planning ahead is the key to success!"
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I fill out my whole food log in the morning usually. That way, I know what I can eat and when I can eat, and feel like I can't have any more or less!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead is good! I enter as I go, but I menu plan anyway. I agree logging is great!
  • MzNurse6870
    MzNurse6870 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I plan in advance as well because it helps me out big time.

60478433.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jenjenwashere1
    Jenjenwashere1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started today, but I plan on filling out the food journal and exercise journal ahead of time and adjusting at the end of the day if needed. I find that actually having the items listed in front of me takes the guess work out of "what am I going to eat? Is it too many calories? How much should I have?" Same for exercise, if I see it on my list, I will do it and then check it off my list - I'm a visual person so this is my motivator.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    It's also great for knowing how many calories I have left for snacks lol. My family tells me I eat better than they do. It makes it so enjoyable... snack on goodies and *gasp* lose weight too! Glad you're enjoying it and good luck on your journey! :drinker:
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yes, planning is key! Not only can you be sure to hit your calorie goal, but your nutritional requirements as well. I'm eating a lot of high fiber foods and need to pace them out during the day. It's really hard to hit 25 grams of fiber and 4700mg of potassium without doing that. 74g of fat, on the other hand, can easily be added in one sitting!