Gaining Weight

Options
Ok so I started MFP in October. So far have lost 11 lbs. THis morning I weighted myself and I'm 3 lbs heavier!!! I'm so sad!!!! I was on a role and now loks like I'm going backwards! Is this normal?

I go to gym 4x a week and burn 660 calories each time. My calorie intake is 12oo daily.

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you are burning 600 calories everytime that you exercise and your intake is 1200, you have a net calorie intake of 600 a day. WAY TOO LOW GIRL!!

You need to eat the 1200 calories given by the MFP system AT LEAST, plus some of your exercise calories if not all. Your body is retaining everything that you put in your mouth because it does not want to starve itself.

I suggest that you review your eating habits (sodium and water intake, among other nutrients), be true to yourself and start eating more. You will see the difference in few weeks. This is a journey not a sudden change.

Don't loose track of your goals but don't put your body in starvation mode either. You can do it!! Good luck
  • jasmines_mum
    Options
    Trust me...I eat the 1200 + the workout calories....but I will be patient! Thx!