Having a hard time getting started

Options
So.........long story short, I had lost a good deal of weight in the past and was well on my way to reaching a final goal, and after meeting my boyfriend and become lazy, along with an injured knee & back, I've gained all the weight back, and some. I need to get down to my final goal weight to feel like the "me" I remember from a few years ago, but starting up again has been very difficult. I can't go more than a couple of days, and lately, no more than a day. Monday 12/13 is going to be a fresh start for me & I will take any and all pointers for starting up again. It's so silly how you can be so successful one time, and then have such difficulty the next. What a learning process this is!!!

PS: Feel free to friend me so we can support each other!

Replies

• mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    post some postit notes with little notes on why you need to or want to get rid of the weight & make a lifestyle change on your bathroom mirror so that when you get up in the morning you will be reminded & inspired to work towards your goal. make sure that the real reasons for why you want to do this are for you & not to gain anyone else acceptance or attention. It looks like you've made the first biggest steps & they are realizing, recognizing, & reaching out. i wish you all the best on your journey. Feel free to friend me as a supportive friend here on MFP
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hey Dana and welcome to the forums. Restarting always sucks, but it happens and we gotta make a point to make it our last time. Always remember that there's no rush. Don't let a bad day ruin your plans. Take your time, do it once, do it right and get on with your life. :)

Great tips, mykaar!
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    thanks , just trying to help with what has worked for me for getting started those post it notes really help
  • JennRy86
    JennRy86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll tell you what... I know all too well what you are going through! It's such a pain! Something that I have learned is to think about what you're doing... If you are "hungry" drink a glass of water first, then see how you feel. Then if you are still hungry, go ahead and eat something. Also, use a smaller plate for meals! You trick your mind into thinking you are eating this HUGE meal since it fills the plate. I do that when I cook my meals. I fill give my boyfriend the "normal" size plate and get my little plate. He now knows that when he cooks, to put my dinner on the smaller plates. While you are eating, think about how you feel. Are you full? Is the hunger feeling gone yet? I'm new to this website also. So far, looking around I like it! I have lost 12 lbs so far... and I'm just at a hump.. But with the holidays it's so tough!! :) Good luck! You can do it!
  • chihuahualover
    chihuahualover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW EXACT SAME AS MY STORY!!! EXEPT BACK NOT KNEE BUT EVERY THING ELSE IS THE SAME AND I AM STARTING TOMORROW TOO!!! SO HARD I HAVE BEEN A YOYO THE PAST FEW YEARS :smile:
    I WISH YOU LUCK
  • saj9291113
    Options
    Don't make excuses!!! That's so easy to do when you are trying to get into a groove. Yes, there will be days when everything needs to get done today.. But don't let that be everyday. Make working out as important to grocery shop and laundry. Make eating healthy a priority everyday like brushing your hair and teeth.
    And remember when you are feeling down or not in the mood to workout, remember who you are doing this for. YOU. Not you're boyfriend/husband/finacee or your fitness trainer or your best friends wedding. And if that doesn't get you, swing by MFP and just read success stories.
  • just4par
    Options
    I tell myself that the goal is not weight loss, but a change to a healthier eatling lifestyle. A daily reaffirmation of "this is the way I will eat from now on, e.g., less fried foods, less red meats, more vegetables, more fish and chicken, less or no soda, less sugar, etc. " By changing to this lifestyle, weight loss, energy, etc will be an outcome and benefit. So, it may take months and months to reach my goal, but, hoping that having a different mindset will help in permanently maintaining the weight loss. Hope this helps.