20 pounds in 2 month if only 20 over weight

Options
2»

Replies

• sumthnncredible
    sumthnncredible Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im not sure about 20 lbs in 2 months but I have seen ppl lose 15-17 lbs in 2 months. But with that said it takes a very strict regimen clean eating and 6-7 days of exercise to obtain that.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 in two months and one week. I follow my calorie guidelines, have eaten out, had my beer. While I have done some walking, my work schedule doesn't allow for consistent exercise, something I would like to fix.

Do not compare your "success" to her goal. By your ticker you /had/ have over 50lbs to lose (I'm not sure how tall you are). At 5'3" an ideal/ healthy weight for OP would be between 110-125lbs - so technically she has very little to lose. The more someone has to lose the quicker the *initial* weight will come off (water mostly, fat & muscle).

I stick to my original reply - 20lbs in 2 months for someone not far from ideal/healthy weight is very unrealistic and very unhealthy!!
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What is it with young people? You have so much time left but yet you're always in a hurry to do everything. Shoot for 4lbs a month and spread it out over 5 months. You'll probably feel better.
  • Lsbohnert
    Lsbohnert Posts: 22
    Options
    No I don't have a time frame or a huge rush I was just wondering if it was a realistic goal becasue I want to fit back in my jeans when I go home from college haha I wear shorts here in hawaii every day but to set thanks everyone for the input I'm not going to starve myself or anything :p
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Not likely, unless you want to struggle to keep it off. I would say shoot for more like 10 pounds in 2 months and then the last ten will probably take a little longer.

Either way, imagine how you will look in two months with eating right and exercising. I bet you will lose more inches than weight and isn't that what it is all about anyway? Good luck. :)
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I agree that aiming for .5lbs a week is probably a solid goal. Especially when trying to retain muscle mass while losing weight. If you're just trying to fit into some old clothes, make sure to track your measurements. Weight isn't always the best of indicators when it comes to progress. I just gained a pound, but I gained some booty (muscle), dropped 2 inches off my under bust, while maintaining my waist and low belly measurements. Oh, if only weight loss were linear...
  • ktkdmommy
    ktkdmommy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ive lost 20 pounds in 3 months. Ive worked my *kitten* off and really stuck to the 1200/cal a day. Unless you starved yourself I really don't see that happening. (which you shouldn't do!) Be more realistic and you'll be more likely to shed the weight & keep it off.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    When I started at 220, yes that was doable for me. But now at about 140, not so much. Even changed my goal to 1 pound a week. Since I hit about 150 I haven't been able to to lose more then 6/7 pounds a month. When I hit 135 I plan to drop my goal to .5 pound a week until maintenance. Take your time, you will be less likely to crash and burn and gain it back.