How long to start seeing changes in your body?

Options
I'm interested to know how long it took people to start SEEING the changes in their body shape as well as feeling them? Would you say taking photos along the journey helps?

What did people do in terms of exercise/cardio? :)

Replies

• chrisrandleman
    chrisrandleman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend taking photos, it's just like a home remodel. You forget what it used to look like if you don't have a photo. Face photos often are very telling
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken photos (camera shy so I have none at my heaviest anyway) but find taking measurements incredibly motivating. My measurements dropped quite quickly (2" of hips and waist in 1st month) while scales are very unresponsive ( I do have ancient spring scales). I could notice the difference in the mirror - and felt trimmer in the first few weeks. Hoping it continues!
  • archaichoney
    archaichoney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes, take weekly pictures. I haven't had a weight shift in about three weeks, but in pictures, I look leaner and tighter.

As for body changes... on a heavy lifting program and eating at a deficit, it took me about two months to see a significant shift in my body. You'll see little changes sooner though. Biceps might pop a little, or you'll notice more firmness in your quads or something.
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started lifting weights(6 times a week) a few month ago and I noticed changes just over a week in. My wife did as well.

It's a slow and steady improvement so far but you get that near instant payoff in my experience.

Pictures are a great idea, and it's definately amazing to look back.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You'll see a real change in 6 weeks.

Just eat at a slight deficit and lift heavy.
  • Samby_v1
    Samby_v1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was about to give some old clothes to charity and ended up keeping about half of them because of the way they fit. And this is one month into it all, and with evil TOM bloating. Try some old clothes on!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    About 4 weeks until people starting noticing, and mentioning. I noticed some changes within 2-3 weeks.