Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

salad dressings

Hi everyone! I always bring salads to work with me for lunches and I picked up my salad dressing thinking that it was a good one, its All Seasons Light Raspberry Vinagrette. But its loaded with sugars. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite low-cal dressings are? I'm not into making them myself so I'd like suggestions that I can buy at any grocerey store!
Thanks for your help! Have a happy Monday!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Hi everyone! I always bring salads to work with me for lunches and I picked up my salad dressing thinking that it was a good one, its All Seasons Light Raspberry Vinagrette. But its loaded with sugars. I'm wondering what everyone's favorite low-cal dressings are? I'm not into making them myself so I'd like suggestions that I can buy at any grocerey store!
    Thanks for your help! Have a happy Monday!

I'm with you on this one. I'm curious too.
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    I haven't checked the sugars but I love Litehouse Dressings. They are in the produce section and very yummy. The balsamic vinaigrette is my favorite.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Make your own. Lemon juice and olive oil (seasoned with whatever you want: salt and pepper, a little garlic, even a squeeze of honey) whisked together makes a fast, yummy, good for you salad dressing.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    You canfind good dressings but you really have to READ the Labels. Or make your own with EVOO and vinigar ect . Google it you should be able to find something
  • mfreeman00
    mfreeman00 Posts: 11 Member
    My two favorites are Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette and Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard. I've never paid too much attention to the sugars, I suppose; both have 5g per serving. But both are really flavorful and fairly low in calories for bottled dressings. Good luck!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    I like fat free honey dijon. I'm not sure about the sugars, but there is no fat and only 50 calories per serving.
  • Wishbone salad spritzers don't pack alot of flavor but are only 2 calories and no sugars a spray. I use half a serving of Kraft light ranch dressing then finish the salad with spritzers.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    I like to make my own. Probably not as flavorful as one you'd buy at the store but I find its not bad, I actually really like it. Sometimes I used Basalmic vinegar, Lemon, olive oil, all kinds of spices...whatever I feel like that day.
  • Personally I like just Balsamic Vinegar on my salad... no EVOO or anything else. To me it tastes great, but the hubby doesn't like it. He's not really much of a vinegar person anyway. My favorite is Kirkland Signature from Costco. In one tablespoon there is only 10 calories, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium and 2g sugar, and you don't need much to add a bunch of flavor.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    I had a salad at work today just grilled chicken brest, leafy greens, and an apple. Then I just grabed a pack of hot sause and on it and shook it up. It was really good. It also boosted the water intake at lunch!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,532 Member
    I actually gave up salad dressings. I didn't love the tastes of low fat dressing enough to balance out the calories. It was weird at first. I used this chickpea salad I found at the grocery store for a while but the chickpeas were giving me some digestive issues-if you know what I mean. Now, I just throw about a 1/4 cup of blackberries, 1/4 cup raspberries and 1/4 cup of blueberries in my salad greens with some feta, low sodium ham and mushrooms and it's really good. I don't miss the dressing and this way I get some servings of fruit in too. You can use any type of fruit you like and it changes the flavors and adds some "wetness" to the salad.
  • lLauraAnnl
    lLauraAnnl Posts: 8 Member
    I was having an issue finding good salad dressings once I started paying attention to sugars also. I have personally landed with Kraft Light Zesty Italian. It's made with EVOO versus high fructose corn syrup and has 2 grams of sugar per 2 tablespoons. its delicious though. I've gotten my mom hooked on it now too.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I throw a scoop of small curd fat free cottage cheese on my salad as a dressing, and toss in what ever spices I feel like. It gives the illusion of a creamy dressing, and sticks to the vegies instead of running to the bottom of the salad bowl. Adds protein too.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Marzetti light berry balsamic is very good, 45 calories for 2 tablespoons and 6 grams of carbs I think. Its in the produce section, like where the Marie's dressings would be.