Having trouble eating my calories

Options
2»

Replies

• Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    A couple glasses of wine and handful of Hersheys kisses will get you there. :drinker:
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    For the most part my calories stay between 800-1000, Not trying to starve myself but I'm just not hungry. Is anyone else having this problem .

I did when first starting out. Had no appetite and my numbers were about what you are saying. Someone on here told me the first few weeks for some its like that and eventually my appetite would come back. And it did after a few weeks.

Hang in there and if needed force yourself to eat if this little calorie intake keeps persisting.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    i am having the same problem days i cant meet my calorie goal but eat all 3 meals although yesterday and today i have not been hungry at all an donly logged under 700 calories the past 2 days

whow! if I don't eat ATLEAST 1200 im HUNGRY and even with 1200 I'm still hungry!!...700? holy smokes!! I guess maybe our body adjusts...
  • Bananna411
    Options
    I used to be the same way but that was in the beginning when all I was eating were salads with very little dressing. Now I'm eating anywhere between 1400-2000 calories a day depending on how many calories i burned in my workout and I'm still losing weight. Don't be afraid eat what you like, just in moderation. Whole grains are good, or add more lean protein to increase your calorie intake.
  • pamdsaul
    pamdsaul Posts: 17
    Options
    I know what you are saying. I often have trouble eating all my calories that I'm allowed to eat. I find that when I don't eat enough calories, I stop losing weight. When I have this problem I simply treat myself to something that has more calories. I still have times when I go for days without meeting my calorie requirement and have to remind myself that if I don't eat, I don't lose. I have now lost over 60 lbs so I guess I it's working for me. Just remember as long as you eat appropriate portions you can eat foods with higher calories. Try adding a protein shake or protein bar to your diet.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Are the foods you're eating now the only things you plan to eat for the rest of your life?
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    Have you tried higher calorie, healthy foods? I was having this problem, eating too few, but not being hungry... Try adding in nuts (I LOVE wasabi/soy almonds), avacados, turkey jerkey, dark chocolate chips with fat free or light cool whip! Any of that sound good? You don't want to go have a greasy cheesburger (ok, sometimes yes, it's good for the food soul!) but don't load up on on junk to make those calories... Fill them with healthy fats and calories. You can also add in a protein supplement, just make sure it's not a meal replacement!! I add a scoop of protein powder to my breakfast (mixing dry oatmeal with yogurt and berries) which give me 50-100 calories to my breakfast!
  • minischnauz4
    minischnauz4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I understand you and what you're saying. I don't eat all my calories either usually. Although some days I'm hungrier and have no problem eating them, some days I just don't feel hungry so I eat until I don't want anymore. I read all the other comments and I don't disagree with them but neither do I see the sense in forcing myself to eat if I don't want it. For me, I think part of it is I'm trying to stick to a healthier way of eating and trying to cut out the junk. I've stopped eating a lot of white sugar and find I don't crave sweets like I used to. I am eating a lot more protein instead of carbs and the protein fills me and stays with me a lot longer. I'm losing weight, I'm not feeling deprived, and I'm enjoying my food. I can't ask for anymore than that so my advice (although I'm no expert) is eat if you want, try to stick with good, healthy calories, and if you really don't want anything to eat then don't force it. No one knows your body like you do so listen to it. Now having said all that, I assume you are still eating something each day so relax and as long as you're not trying to starve yourself, you'll be fine. Good luck to you.