Replies

• Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    So happy for you :flowerforyou:
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Every transformation shows strength of character and is a product of many fights and failures. You look awesome dude, and keep it up!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Haha...all of us girls are drooling a little bit over you... Phenomenal job! You really do look amazing.

Did the skin removal hurt at all? And how long did it take for you to get back up and working out again??
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Haha...all of us girls are drooling a little bit over you... Phenomenal job! You really do look amazing.

Did the skin removal hurt at all? And how long did it take for you to get back up and working out again??

Thank you!

It was more disconcerting than painful, in my opinion. Yes there was pain for sure, but looking down and seeing bandages, cuts, and drains was unreal. The meds take care of the pain. The only problem I really had was when I would settle into a position (1st week after surgery) usually a recliner, when I stood up I experienced popping sensations at the incisions, usually just 1 or 2 varying in location every time. Extremely freaky! Two weeks I was able to walk a bit easier. Three weeks laying down became a possibility. After one month I was lifting again, despite my surgeon suggesting 1.5-2 months before doing any of that. I felt I was ready and there's just way too much determination in me to not get back at it when I did!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal! Can you share your methodology and tips? :)

I REALLY needed this ... ! Thanks for giving back! I will do the same someday!

:)

I'm replying from my phone at 3AM so I'll try my best for ya! :)

I'll start with tips:
    -Understand your TDEE and how it's used
    -Creating a deficit through exercise made things easier for me. (Meaning rather than not working out and subtracting 500 for example. Working out and burning 800 calories then eating at a 750 calorie deficit was really beneficial. Think off all of the food!!!)
    -A HRM is one of the best purchases I've made directly related to my health
    -Weigh everything, log everything. Don't lie to yourself, what's the point? If a public diary holds you accountable, great. On the other hand if you're trying to keep appearances up with your diary by lying, set it to private and do your thing!
    -Moderation all the time, moreso at the beginning. Then you'll find yourself slowly introducing foods that make it easier and more satisfying to hit your calorie/macro goals.
    -Lifting weights makes things better all around.
    -I tried getting 1 gram of protein for every .82-1lb of body weight (there's a study out there that says .82 is all you need). However I found more protein to be satiating, which is why I didn't mind eating a bit of it daily!

There's really nothing else I can think of, everything else really comes from within. I hit that rock bottom point in my life 3 years ago. I set out a goal of how I want to look, and because of my type of personality I will not quit until I get there. Some say that could be a tad bit unhealthy, but probably not as unhealthy as being super obese, right!?

I hope you found this helpful.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    great job dude!

did you find you had any issues w/ excess skin afterwards?

I had skin removal surgery in December of 2012 when I got down to 165lbs. They ended up taking 5-6lbs of skin from my stomach and chest. The scars on my stomach are still noticeable and my nips are a bit off (the surgeon said beforehand if they're off he'll fix them, which I'll be doing after a bulk and a cut!) but I honestly don't care too much... seeing as I was rocking 5-6lbs of loose skin, what I have now is night and day better than before! Here's a pic of me when I was 180lbs, I have more ab definition now but no picture currently:

TnuTZV4.jpg

look's great bro!
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING, so handsome :)

P.s. I think I follow you on tumblr!
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Aww. You look great. Thanks for sharing I love success+ maintaining success more than any other type of story on this site.

You are what it is all about. Plus congrats on getting it together so early in life.
  • Andinoli
    Andinoli Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great. Well done!
  • becauseimnardii
    Options
    Wow!! amaazing!!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Also, figured I'd just go ahead and add a body before and after too!
    lUFe5o7.jpg
    370lbs and 180lbs!
    wonderful job man! Love it!

I don't think I could do the surgery.......I'll just wear my disconcerting war scars

my mother carried around excess skin for nearly 10 years before getting her surgery done. she lost close to 200 lbs. the skin actually started to cause irritation and rashes so it started to be come necessary at that point. it was rough for her but she cant imagine why she hadn't done it sooner.
  • Jennvandemark
    Jennvandemark Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look amazing congratulations. You definitely picked the right style by the way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!