Filling breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I made crustless quiches too... but it would not fill me up so long. Although unless I eat 500+ calories of filling foods, I'm typically hungry 3 or 4 hours later anyway...
  • livelovetravelxx
    Options
    Boiled eggs and toast! Always fills me, or even an omelette filled with lots of veggies :D!
  • livelovetravelxx
    Options
    The person has deactivated :/?
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I have this almost every single morning for breakfast: half of a whole grain bagel with 2-3 tbsp of cream cheese and a Slim Fast shake (I drink the Walmart brand). Just over 400 calories, and it always keeps me full until lunch. Not as healthy as some of the other suggestions, but I promise you won't be hungry :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    lol.... yeah. they did. what the...
  • starsandowls
    starsandowls Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and frozen berries, a poached egg, and half an English muffin with a little butter (and coffee!) keeps me going. Sometimes I'll substitute a banana or other fruit for the yogurt and berries, or bacon for the egg and oatmeal for the English muffin. Breakfasts usually comes in around 400. I try to make my breakfasts pretty substantial and include carbs, protein, and a little fat.

If you're on a tight budget, maybe egg, toast, and some fruit, whatever is on sale/in season. Egg and toast was my standard breakfast when I was on a tighter budget, but the fruit helps keep me going until lunch.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I try to skip breakfast and have coffee instead, as it suppresses appetite. I'd rather have a larger dinner than anything else. I love dinner!
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options

just saw that ??? WTF oh well good ideas for others here
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1 cup of frozen fruit (i use mixed berries and peaches), 200ml of Sunripe Slim juice (10 cal for 250ml), 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
    The seeds expand in your stomach, so it keeps me full from 6am until about 10am!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I usually do oatmeal and light string cheese (1 or 2 sticks).
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great breakfast ideas here.

I find if I make a greens smoothies, or oatmeal, or eggs - those are the foods that really keep me full.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Ok, how are you folks doing the egg yolks in your oatmeal? You make the oatmeal like normal and then add the whites? Doesn't that make the oatmeal really thick? Sorry, I've just never heard of it before.
  • KayBallin
    KayBallin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a 600cal breakfast. It was worth it though. Carried me until 1pm.

-Egg whites, avocado, and cheddar on skinny wheat bagel

-Quick oats mixed with chocolate protein powder. (<--I have this sludge every morning. Tastes better than it looks)
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I rotate between three breakfasts usually:

1) Two oatmeal packets, with a protein shake - around 500 calories
    2) Batch made and frozen breakfast burritos that I just have to pop in the microwave. I usually use egg beaters, turkey sausage, cheese, hash browns, onions and peppers, and salsa. With the portions I use, ends up being about 300 calories.
    3) Egg bake! I like the recipe in my "You Can Trust as Skinny Cook" book, called "Beach House Breakfast Casserole" for 365 calories.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • AviBZ
    AviBZ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I often eat a hearty, spicy vegetable soup with just a bit of lentils or mung beans in it. Keeps me going for hours.
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Eggs are wonderful, I also like cottage cheese with fruit :)
  • dodochoga
    dodochoga Posts: 33
    Options
    yogurt, a spoonful of strawberry jelly and a banana is what keeps me full.