Filling breakfast ideas?

Options
13»

Replies

• JenLikes2Rock
    Options
    Overnight Refrigerator Oats!! ♥ it and keeps me full!
  • JanisMay67
    Options
    I either have a bowl of instant oats (made with water) and a big heap of raspberries or make up a protein shake, again with water and fruit. I don't feel hungry at all until mid-afternoon.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    EGGS - cheap and versatile and will definitely fill you up!
  • ironrat79
    ironrat79 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    egg whites for me.. from a carton cause I'm too lazy to separate them on my own. 3/4 cup is about 75 calories and pretty filling. protein is about 30g I believe. not too shabby
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    35 cal bread, egg whites, laughing cow cheese, and some low cal salsa to spice things up some. Comes in at about 140 cals a sandwich :)
  • Skoster1
    Skoster1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    50 ml of heavy whipping cream and a packet of Splenda. Mid-morning maybe 20g - 30g nuts or seeds. Full 'til lunch.
  • egates1984
    egates1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just had eggbeaters cooked with some diced red pepper and wrapped it in half a multigrain flax Flat Out with diced tomato and avocado and a spash of Tabasco. It was delicious and very filling. Had a glass of almond milk too.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Of late this has been my daily breakfast:
    Banquet - Brown 'n Serve Turkey Fully Cooked Sausage (3links) 60 g, 3 links 100 2 8 390 1
    Usda - Large Egg, 2 egg (50g) 140 1 13 142 0
    Franz - Organic 24 Grain Grains/seed Bread, 1 Slice 110 19 5 150 4

350 22 26 682 5
    (I track cals, carbs, protein, sodium and sugars...so that those numbers make some sense.)
    I usually eat the Dave's Killer Bread, thin at 70 cals -13 carbs but they were out at the market, but the Franz 24 is so good, I make adjustments to have it fit in my macros for the day. This breakfast is so quick and easy. Seriously. For reference, I am a bit of a coffee snob :drinker: and use a french press. I wake up and turn my electric water kettle on and hop in the shower while the water heats. Then I prepare coffee and while it "steeps" I put the sausage on (5 minutes.) When the sausage is almost done, I put down the toast and fry two eggs, in a lightly PAM'ed pan. Eggs on top of the toast (for that yolky-bready goodness!) Sausage on the plate, press and pour the coffee...YUM! A REAL breakfast in just over 5 minutes!
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The person has deactivated :/?

just saw that ??? WTF oh well good ideas for others here

This is the weirdest rage quit ever.

I don't think the OP was even a member long enough to rage quite - joined in March, quit in March. :laugh:
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have protein shakes when I'm at home but because there is no fat it doesn't carry me too far, maybe 4 hours. However when I travel I have 6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, hard boiled (so I discard the 6 yolks) and that carries me as far as 6 hours since the breakfast. And it's only 230 calories total!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast lately has been a toasted English muffin with an egg fried flat (broken yolk), a slice of Sargento Ultra Thin sharp cheddar, and a Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty. I have that with some fruit and it keeps me full until lunchtime. Today I had it with some strawberries and two cups of coffee and it came out to 363 calories, 23g of protein, 49g of carbs, and 14g of fat, plus WAY less sodium than the frozen breakfast sandwiches I used to eat. Even better, it's ready in about five minutes.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is easy 2 eggs, toast with butter and coffee- everyday but i love it - easy to make and very filling.