5 WEEK UPDATE! But...a little confused?

Options
Hi Ya'll!!!!

Okay...so I am a little confused. Here is my 5 week update. I thought I was supposed to LOSE inches, but I have been lifting heavy, so maybe that's why some areas have gained/stayed the same?

The scale hasn't changed much. (Water...up and down....muscle??) The inches haven't changed much...but I feel like my body looks different a little bit??

I am in that stage where I feel like I am plateauing. I've noticed a definite increase in strength and energy levels (except for this week, I am sick, womp womp!)

What did you do when you reached a plateau? Should I increase my cardio a bit? What do you think???

Is this amount of progress normal for 5 weeks???? I feel like the process is soooo slow, and it's getting me down.

Especially when I try on dresses at the store...and I still am the same dress size :(

How is it possible that I look different but inches and weight are the SAME? haha...am I measuring inconsistently??

Here it is...start to now...Weeks 1-5

Please don't barf. lol

ps for some reason part of the right side of the pic is cut off but you can still see one side of my hips.

image1.jpeg

Replies

• laurarich2014
    laurarich2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. You can definitely tell you look different. The scale will eventually show a loss. I don't know why your measurements don't show a loss though? Maybe just make sure you are measuring in the exact same spots. Keep doing what you are doing because it is working.
  • Thanks! Perhaps the time of day I measure too? I tend to really bloat by end of day...I have IBS so I am really bloated a lot of the time. haha.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think there's a very significant difference! 5 weeks isn't long and as you lose fat from lifting, what's left will re-distribute. You are doing things right, so keep on keepin' on and that scale will move. Also, if you have a time of the day when you feel you are more bloated (evening, directly after meals, etc.), then choose a time of day to measure that you usually feel less bloated. (Not sure it's that predictable, though!)
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    That's a big difference - you're looking fabulous. Well done!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    There is, without a doubt, a significant difference. You're doing fantastic!
  • GangstaMami
    GangstaMami Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :smile: Wow you look GREAT! Definitely great motivation!!!
  • minischnauz4
    minischnauz4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Truly, I don't care what your scales or your measurements say. Girl, you have lost some serious weight!! You can definitely see the difference in the two pictues. It may be just toned, but I can't believe your clothes size has stayed the same. You look awesome. Please don't get discouraged. You are doing wonderfully. Whatever you're doing, it's working for you.
  • MaekaGaming
    MaekaGaming Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah there's a noticeable difference in the images. You look great!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far in just 5 weeks! Keep up the great work. I noticed the same thing when I first started lifting heavy. The scale did not budge at all and I actually didn't lose too many inches but I looked better, my clothes fit better (I also stayed the same size at first for the most part), and everything was less jiggly and more firm! I'll take those any day haha

Don't be bound to a number on the scale and just go by how you look and how you feel. There is lots of noticeable and positive changes in the right side pictures so focus on that progress :) great going girl, keep it up! :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked your weight/measurements haven't decreased. You look way smaller in the second picture. I wouldn't feel too discouraged, because it's a huge difference.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I see absolutely no way your waist measurements could be the same.

Your making progress and it is obvious from the pictures. Keep up the good work.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Your body composition has changed no matter what the scales say. Your muffin top is gone and your back fat underneath the bra strap is gone gone gone. I think because you are so close to what you think might be your ideal weight that it is going to be tougher for you to lose what you think you should lose (that might not be what is ideal for you). Regardless, you're kicking butts and taking names and you look two sizes smaller. Your clothes MUST be looser !
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    That's 5 weeks? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn...

Yeah - I can't see any possible way that you're the same dress-size/weight/measurements.
  • bossyman15
    bossyman15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    you look great and did a good job.

you shouldn't freak out. just keep it up!
  • linkirving
    linkirving Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Your measuring tape is defective. Ha. Keep doing what you're doing, because there is a giant difference.
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    Distinct difference! You look absolutely great! Puzzled measurements don't show it. Be sure to measure at the same areas okay. 5 weeks is a short period, give yrself time.
  • Wow! Thank you so much everybody for your encouragement. I think sometimes you see yourself differently because...you see yourself in the mirror every darn day.

Your words have really put a spring in my step and have made me feel like I can conquer the world!!!!!!

xoxoxoxox
  • lioussi
    lioussi Posts: 1
    Options
    wooow! u look amazing!
    this gives me so much motivation! :D thank u!
    what kinda diet / exercise do u follow please?
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow, huge difference!!! Keep up the good work!! This gives me so much needed motivation, you have no idea.
  • Vsera
    Vsera Posts: 10
    Options
    You look great! I feel like thats huge progress for 5 weeks. Keep up the good work. I just started working out and not sure what machines to use. What do you do at the gym?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!