What are your macros set to?

Options
Mine are 45% carbs/30% protein/25% fat. (I customized the standard 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein that MFP gives because....well, because I wanted more protein and less fat and carbs.)

What are yours? Do you actual percentages actually line up with your goals?

Replies

• dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My macros are set at NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
  • tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm at 210gr of protien, 57gr of fats, then eat carbs till I hit my Cal limit.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Carbs 40 Protein 30 Fat 30

I don't really focus that much on them. I try to hit my protein most importantly.

Once I get to my GW, I will care more about these as I will be strength training.

But for weight loss, macros don't matter all that much.
  • swaggityswagbag
    swaggityswagbag Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Carbs 10 Protein 25 Fat 65, usually hit closer to carbs 5 protein 25 fat 70.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    50% carb, 25% fat, 25% protein. 50% carb may seem high to some people but before tracking my macros I was eating about 70% carbs- YIKES!
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Protein 29%
    Fat 32%
    Carbs 39%

For those who don't know how... to get single digit precision or to set your macros based on grams, add the text below as the target link for a bookmark, then click the bookmark when you're on the edit goals page:

javascript:(function(e,a,g,h,f,c,b,d){if(!(f=e.jQuery)||g>f.fn.jquery||h(f)){c=a.createElement("script");c.type="text/javascript";c.src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/"+g+"/jquery.min.js";c.onload=c.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!b&&(!(d=this.readyState)||d=="loaded"||d=="complete")){h((f=e.jQuery).noConflict(1),b=1);f(c).remove()}};a.documentElement.childNodes[0].appendChild(c)}})(window,document,"1.3.2",function($,L){(function(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.setAttribute("src","http://karoshiethos.com/js/mfp_cwfix.js");document.body.appendChild(e)})()});
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    50% carb, 25% fat, 25% protein. 50% carb may seem high to some people but before tracking my macros I was eating about 70% carbs- YIKES!

I was at 60%! Which is why I still have it at 40%...I'd like 35% ultimately. But baby steps. Those are my goals...I usually am at like 45% carbs...but better than 60% :)
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Carbs 10%
    Protein 15%
    Fat 75%

I seem to eat slightly higher protein and slightly lower fat than my macros in order to feel sated. However, the macros aren't specific enough for me to bump one up a % or two and the other down a % or two, so this is how I'll keep them.

Edit:
    For those who don't know how... to get single digit precision or to set your macros based on grams, add the text below as the target link for a bookmark, then click the bookmark when you're on the edit goals page:

javascript:(function(e,a,g,h,f,c,b,d){if(!(f=e.jQuery)||g>f.fn.jquery||h(f)){c=a.createElement("script");c.type="text/javascript";c.src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/"+g+"/jquery.min.js";c.onload=c.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!b&&(!(d=this.readyState)||d=="loaded"||d=="complete")){h((f=e.jQuery).noConflict(1),b=1);f(c).remove()}};a.documentElement.childNodes[0].appendChild(c)}})(window,document,"1.3.2",function($,L){(function(){var e=document.createElement("script");e.setAttribute("src","http://karoshiethos.com/js/mfp_cwfix.js");document.body.appendChild(e)})()});

Well then. Thank you!
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Carbs 30% Protein 35% Fat 35%
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with anywhere around 0.9 - 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM and 0.35 - 0.4 grams of fat per Lb of body weight. i pretty much round out the rest with carbs. It also can depend on the day...I take in a lot more carbs on Saturdays as that is my long ride day...generally right around 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM on lifting days. I can use %s to get my numbers pretty close to that, but those % have to change depending on my weight control goals.

As long as I'm kind of in those ranges I'm pretty good give or take...I don't worry about hitting everything dead on...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Fat 50 / protein 30 / carbs 20