What's your favorite part of working out?

Options
bms34b
bms34b Posts: 401 Member
Truth be told, I am having (and have been having) a really hard time getting off of my tush and working out or moving.

Help me get off of my backside and tell me what makes you get off of yours! :)

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Finding something you enjoy helps a lot.

For me, walking or running outside is my favorite. It's hard to be stuck inside all winter but I try to keep it interesting by doing a different things every day and challenging myself (speed, resistance, amount of weight/sets/reps) regularly. If you don't have access to a gym, there are a variety of workout programs online or you can check out books/DVDs at your local library.

My biggest problem right now is a broken toe that's keeping me from continuing with my running intervals but the good part is that I'm doing more strength training. Sometimes you just have to put a positive spin on the challenges and make the best of it.
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    My first thought is "when it's over."

But as cliche as it sounds, it's the feeling I have after I'm done - the feeling that I've accomplished something, taken another step towards my goal. As tired, sore, and sweaty as I am, I always feel better after working out.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The results. I hate lifting heavy weights but I still do it 3 times a week. I dislike it so much but at the same time I'm very OCD about it and cannot miss a day. Skateboarding is the only exercise I really enjoy because I love it and have fun doing it. Usually when I need motivation to lift I seek out video clips of CT Fletcher. Watching people lift weights motivates me in that moment to do the same.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My first thought is "when it's over."

But as cliche as it sounds, it's the feeling I have after I'm done - the feeling that I've accomplished something, taken another step towards my goal. As tired, sore, and sweaty as I am, I always feel better after working out.

Lol, that was my first thought too!

In all honesty, it's knowing that I just got a good workout in and can be done for the day and relax. I don't seem to quite relax until after I get done at the gym. I go in the evening, so it means that my day is done and the rest of the evening is mine to enjoy with my husband.
  • jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The feeling I get when it is over, no guilt for not having done it, but before it over, my favorite part of my workout is when I break that first sweat, because I know I am working, then it just makes me work harder...nothing like leave the gym with a soaked shirt, means you killed it!!!
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    When it is over :laugh: seems like the longest hour of my life but I know I have to continue on because cannot revert back to not exercising and being unhealthy
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love all but the first few minures as I get things loose. I love to feel the muscles working, the struggle and the thrill of doing that last rep when strength training and with cardio it is a true destresser i foget everything keep going and become numb the chemcal changes and high afterwrds and the accomplishment.
    The only other part is then having to go back and eat the calories back is often a struggle but I don't go to bed until its done.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    sweating! and the feeling i have when i leave the gym. feel like a beast! lol
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I love the cool down. It gives me a few minutes to realize that I just completed a workout and appreciate what I'm doing for myself. :) Seems I'm not the only one with this response! It really is gratifying at the end.
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with working out.

I hate it before I do it and during my workout but I love the feeling I get once I am fininshed. It makes me proud that I got off of the couch and accomplished something most people only talk about doing!!! Ahh, those endorphins.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Okay, first off find the right exercise for you … you need to like it. I love to ride my bicycle … so my bike is my major form of working out. Of course I do other things … spin, weights, ab work, etc. etc. So riding isn't a problem, give me time and I'm going to ride … as for the other stuff that makes me a better rider … sometimes it is hard. The first 10 minutes is the hardest so I try not to think about that too much. Once I'm warmed up the endorphins start going and even if it is something I'm not truly fond of, I find myself enjoying it. I agree with the earlier comment that it is how you feel afterwards. I feel … well … good afterwards.

One thing I do to make the cardio easier is I save programs to watch. I put on a series from Netflix and watch it while I do the elliptical and I only watch that series while I'm doing the elliptical. I have a collection of bike movies to watch when I spin alone. Before you realize it you will be drenched in perspiration and you will have just finished an hour.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say that the sense of accomplishment once it's over is awesome.

But I also like the "high" I get from certain cardio exercises. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it's awesome: I feel like I can conquer the world.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Progress
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When I get in the shower afterwards!!
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with working out.

I hate it before I do it and during my workout but I love the feeling I get once I am fininshed.

I'm totally in sinc with this feeling. But my motivation is that I realize that if I exercise regularly, I can eat anything I want and still maintain my weight. If I do not include exercise, then I'll have to cut back or diet...and I do not want to do either. So you know what...exercise those calories off everyday. Of course, there's the feeling of accomplishment, boosted self confidence from looking toned and feeling energized...can't beat those feelings! Lol!
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's easy - the cool down and stretching. I do love the feeling after busting out a long run too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dead lifts

and pull ups.

and my vanity that says I can do things you can't (you being general you- not OP specifically)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    eating my calories back
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    eating my calories back

oreos and ice cream hellzyes.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    What don't I like about working out?

An hour without cleaning, working, being Mommy, cooking, homework, paying bills, etc...

Listening to music

Sweating.

Just all around ME time! and I love it!