Weight training

Options
I've been battling with the last 4-5 pounds, my diet hasn't been great. I even upped my calorie intake, now I need to make healthier choices. I'm craving wayyyy to much sweets. But now I wanna focus on squats and ab workouts more then cardio. Does that make sense??? I really need great definition in the abs, and tone up the thighs and abs.
Any god workout suggestions?

Replies

• ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Stop the bad food intake, and increase the good.

The thing about fat loss and "toning up," your body is going to loose fat from the very last place it put it on first. I tend to hold fat in my thighs. I also haven't done any cardio since November, I have increased my weights, cleaned up my diet (no sugar, very very little carbs), and I'm lifting heavy 5 to 6 days a week. Now, I know that this type of diet isn't for everyone, but I'm 31 days away from my first ever bikini fitness competition, and this is what my coach has me doing. My body fat percentage has dropped from 14.5% to 12% since December.

FWIW, you can do crunches until you puke, they still won't make your abs show. Abs truly are made in the kitchen. Mine showed up last week, all 6 of them, and it's been from diet. I only work my abs twice a week, if that.

Great leg workouts include squats, dead lifts, hack squats, lunges, split squats, duck unders, leg press, calves...don't forget the claves!
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    Stop the bad food intake, and increase the good.

The thing about fat loss and "toning up," your body is going to loose fat from the very last place it put it on first. I tend to hold fat in my thighs. I also haven't done any cardio since November, I have increased my weights, cleaned up my diet (no sugar, very very little carbs), and I'm lifting heavy 5 to 6 days a week. Now, I know that this type of diet isn't for everyone, but I'm 31 days away from my first ever bikini fitness competition, and this is what my coach has me doing. My body fat percentage has dropped from 14.5% to 12% since December.

FWIW, you can do crunches until you puke, they still won't make your abs show. Abs truly are made in the kitchen. Mine showed up last week, all 6 of them, and it's been from diet. I only work my abs twice a week, if that.

Great leg workouts include squats, dead lifts, hack squats, lunges, split squats, duck unders, leg press, calves...don't forget the claves!

Your gonna laugh but I never understood what " Abs truly are made in the kitchen." Meant.... ugh !! I really need to look at healthier snacks that are sweet.
    Cleaning up my diet as we speak thanks!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Absolutely ... start lifting :)

I'm not looking for a 6 pack because I know that I still want to eat french fries and alcohol. I just want a "toned" up tummy!

So eat less bad (still find time to indulge) and weight LIFT!

Good luck!
  • GodivaMuahzz
    Options
    Absolutely ... start lifting :)

I'm not looking for a 6 pack because I know that I still want to eat french fries and alcohol. I just want a "toned" up tummy!

So eat less bad (still find time to indulge) and weight LIFT!

Good luck!
    I hear you on the french fries and alcohol....., I need to curve my eating habits too.....