couldn't make it through one workout, help! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• kgresham21682
    Options
    So this is my first day, & I couldn't even make it through one 35 minute workout. I died after 15 minutes. I'm doing the Brazil b*** Lift from Beachbody. I feel so awful about it! I'm 33 years old not 63 years old!

Girl I did the Brazilian B*** Lift too and it about killed me for the first few weeks. I too didn't get through but about 15 minutes of it. Keep at it. It will get easier. It hurts but it does get easier. I was in fairly "good shape" too when I tried it. They are very condensed moves all focused on ONE area.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My first workout, I could complete exactly TWO perfect pushups. Two. My trainer said, "I don't care how many pushups you do, as long as you do them right." He also said, "As long as you don't give up, I won't give up."

A year later and I can do 15 pushups in 30 seconds, squat 115 lbs (I weight about 170, so this is great for me), deadlift 75 lbs, and chest press 60 lbs (ok, so I have some work to do there). And I can kick the s*** out of The Bobs (our punching mannequins) for 4 minutes without feeling like I'm gonna faint.

Don't think of yourself as being weak because you couldn't "finish" a workout; think of yourself as getting stronger every time you workout.

Goodluck!
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So what!?

When I started, I could only run a half mile @ 6mph on the treadmill and I would be dead after

Now I can run a mile and a half at the same speed and feel good.

It takes time!
  • ToogieTuesday
    Options
    Starting by hitting the ground running is not always recommended... the skill level of that exercises you're doing have to be built up to...not started with.

Start upping your cardio, stamina, agility, etc. with more beginner type moves. Pilates and light cardio (jump rope) can help build you up. Also remember to stretch and do cool down exercises (which many neglect to do at first) to avoid getting cramps and feeling it too much the next day which can kill your motivation.

Good luck!!! =)
  • hollymccall
    hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hope so. I'm trying not to get discouraged. after all it has been years since I've really committed to working out and losing weight.
  • hollymccall
    hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes but you started! And tomorrow you'll make it a minute or two longer and before you know it, you'll be busting out the whole video and wondering what to do next because it's gotten too easy. :)
    I hope so. after all it has been years since I've committed to working out and losing weight.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    The 800 calories per day probably does not help the situation.
  • Christie_Roush
    Options
    Just do what you can do; take it slower if you need to and don't do as many reps as they do in the video. Remember, they're professionals. They do this all the time.

I felt the same way when I started P90X for the very first time. I thought, I'll never be able to do this. I didn't finish the first 90 days. I made it about halfway through program; I quit because I was studying nonstop for a state exam. I just started back this week after 4 months off. I did other little workouts here and there during the time off, but nothing compared to P90X. I was amazed when I started back. It was much easier this time around.

Just stick with it and do what you can do. The quality of the exercise is better than the quantity--if you're doing it wrong, you won't get the right results. Try to remember that while you're starting out; quality is better than quantity.
  • misslazo718
    misslazo718 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! Make it your ultimate goal to be able to get through the workouts without modification. Each day you will do more, you will push yourself further and eventually your body will begin to change. I am only on week 2 of my P90x3 routine and sometimes I just need a break but if I look back on my first week compared to now I only see improvements and that's what's important. It's not about being perfect but giving your all and showing up each day!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So this is my first day, & I couldn't even make it through one 35 minute workout. I died after 15 minutes. I'm doing the Brazil b*** Lift from Beachbody. I feel so awful about it! I'm 33 years old not 63 years old!

Beachbody workouts are hard. Few people who aren't reasonably fit already could make it through their first one easily.

Just stick with it. You'll be surprised how quickly you progress.